Technical Coolant temperature sensor (punto 55s) where can I get one?

Currently reading:
Technical Coolant temperature sensor (punto 55s) where can I get one?

rogboy

Hi
I'm trying to get a new coolant temperature sensor for my punto 55s 1100cc

I went to halfords and they hadn't even heard of it?:confused:

Anyone know where I can get one. If someone has a new one please let me know :worship:

Try a local motor factor (look in yellow pages) or, failing that, a fiat dealer (y)

Halfords probably do sell them, however the majority of Halfords employees have neither the intelligence or motivation necesary to find parts ;)

I have a mint one, came from my 60S, now has a 60SX sensor fitted.

1.1 and 1.2 sensors are same, but if your dials don't have a temp gauge (just a too late light) then you need this one i have.

£5 if you want it, £30.02 for the SX one from a fiat dealer, S model sensor is about £25 AFAIK

scrappies will be able to get you one for £3-4 but no gurentee it works the job, and the one I got my SX from didn't know of the difference either (one is a bimetalic stip type, the other is a temp sensor).

Sounds like people are confusing the two temperature sensors fitted to these cars.

The one on the back of the head is the one for the gauge, or overheat light (depends what your car has). The two types of sensors are different, and cost around £10 new from FIAT.

The one on the inlet manifold is the one for the gauge. As far as i know, there is only one type - these cost around £30 new from FIAT.

Is the temp gauge sensor on www.shop4parts.co.uk for a Punto mk1 SX, as thats the one I'm after cause I just fitted SX dials in my S?

If not, is anywhere I can get one off the internet

Thanks

Last edited:
arc, I think you repeated yourself there, you said both are for the gauge they are not!

The one on the back of the CYLINDER HEAD is for the gauge, and AFAIK its also for the ecu, I don't know of any other sensor on the engine.

For the RED BOTTOMED SENSOR WHICH MAKES SX CLOCKS WORK (rather than being either 0 or 1) FIAT QUOTED ME £30.?? NEW, from a scrappy a red bottomed one that worked £2, but to guerentee it would work would need to be a £3-4 but I wouldn't know how they test em.

faster4_tec said:
arc, I think you repeated yourself there, you said both are for the gauge they are not!

The one on the back of the CYLINDER HEAD is for the gauge, and AFAIK its also for the ecu, I don't know of any other sensor on the engine.

I did - brain not engaged.

This is what it was meant to say:

Sounds like people are confusing the two temperature sensors fitted to these cars.

The one on the back of the head is the one for the gauge, or overheat light (depends what your car has). The two types of sensors are different, and cost around £10 new from FIAT.

The one on the inlet manifold is the one for the ECU. As far as i know, there is only one type - these cost around £30 new from FIAT.

I just put sx dials in my s and the temp guage isnt working. So i just need to get the sender from the sx? Where is it located?

thanks,

and do i connect the blue wire from the ecu to pin 8 on the left lower connector on the dials for the rev counter to work??

thanks

Back