Technical Convertors socket- pin 11

Currently reading:
Technical Convertors socket- pin 11

I don't understand the OV term. Please explain.
I will look for problems with negative lead tomorrow. Please confirm 85/86 is the coil.
Thanks again to you both for all the help
Jim

I don't understand the OV term. Please explain.
I will look for problems with negative lead tomorrow. Please confirm 85/86 is the coil.
Thanks again to you both for all the help
Jim
sorry if you were confused. Ov = battery negative.
Communicator said :
If 12V across 85 & 86, with 15 way connector unplugged, may I suggest an earth fault on negative lead to the relay coil. From the Bosch notation this should be the wire connecting to 85. Terminals 30 & 87 are the relay contacts. With the relay removed, I would expect to see 12V across these socket terminals.

I think 0V was meant to indicate zero volts (i.e. short to ground).

FWIW, I'd agree with the comments to date. The side marker connection from the converter's socket goes to ground when the lights are on, and the marker lights should be supplied by a relay-isolated circuit that has a permanent 12v feed and uses that ground to activate.

I'm not sure where you've found your relay, but it is a converter item, not a Fiat item (and is often, but not always, part of a Schaudt AD01 adapter when Schaudt electrics (eg EBL) are used).

Whilst not entirely conclusive, the symptoms are indicative of the wire between the converters socket and the relay or its mount having a short to earth (nipped/chafed somewhere).

I think 0V was meant to indicate zero volts (i.e. short to ground).

FWIW, I'd agree with the comments to date. The side marker connection from the converter's socket goes to ground when the lights are on, and the marker thatlights should be supplied by a relay-isolated circuit that has a permanent 12v feed and uses that ground to activate.

I'm not sure where you've found your relay, but it is a converter item, not a Fiat item (and is often, but not always, part of a Schaudt AD01 adapter when Schaudt electrics (eg EBL) are used).

Whilst not entirely conclusive, the symptoms are indicative of the wire between the converters socket and the relay or its mount having a short to earth (nipped/chafed somewhere).
That makes sense. Yes the relay is one of a stack of three behind the EBL Schaudt 119.
There is no AD01.

Thanks to your help I have found the problem exactly as you predicted. Signal wire from convertors socket chafed against chassis.
It works fine now just got to reconstruct
Thanks again

Back