connecting two amps

Currently reading:
connecting two amps

Jemmane

Im trying to wire up two amp, this is my setup so far

When I got the car amp was already wired up a 4 channel fockford fosgate p4004, but the way they done it is that each car speaker front left, right, rear left right is wired direct to the amp through two cross overs as there are tweeters aswell.

For my 2nd it’s a alpine mono amp or something to run two 15”, the amp is wired, ground power, remote etc, all I need is the RCA connection, but think is on the other amp I got 3 RCA connections going to it, front, rear and pass through, so im not sure what to connect from one amp to the other. Do I just remove the pass through and connect a lean from that pass through connection on the Rockford amp to the RCA connection to the alpine amp?

Last edited:
hi u need to use a split lead for the rca to the four channal amp then use the spare rca for ur mono.

split leads can be bought from any good audio shop for around a fiver.

hope i helped.

voodoo2k6 said:
hi u need to use a split lead for the rca to the four channal amp then use the spare rca for ur mono.

split leads can be bought from any good audio shop for around a fiver.

hope i helped.

not exactly...

the four channel amp should have 2 sets of RCA cables (as it is controling front AND rear) the cable splitter should run the rear input on the 4 channel and the mono

What head unit are you using? Most have a sub out connection as well as front and rear speakers so should really make use of that.

Steve

Back