Technical Connecting Bluetooth to 2013 Fiat 500?

Currently reading:
Technical Connecting Bluetooth to 2013 Fiat 500?

Dopatri

I have a 2013 Fiat 500 Pop, and I’m trying to figure out whether I can Bluetooth my music to it. I’ve been using CDs for my music ever since I got the car in 2018! I’ve discovered there is a feature called ‘Blue & Me’ in Fiat 500s that you can Bluetooth the music to. However, I’m not convinced my car has this feature, as when I look for any information to help me set it up, it doesn’t appear my car has the same features. My car doesn’t have any controls on the steering wheel, it is literally a bare steering wheel, and I’m confused! The documents in my Logbook suggest that the car DOES have this Bluetooth feature though. Do all Fiats have Blue & Me? I thought that Fiat 500s manufactured in 2013 would have a Bluetooth function. Do they not? Thank you!

Last edited:
Only just got mine (2009) so not knowledgeable at all but it seems the Blue & Me will let me use the phone handsfree but needs plugging into the dongle by USB cable to play music from it. No idea if the facelifts are different though.

Do all Fiats have Blue & Me?
No; it wasn't standard on the pop trim level pre facelift, though it was available as an option, so some pops may have it.

If your car doesn't have a USB socket or buttons on the steering wheel, it doesn't have Blue&Me.

It may have the ability to play .mp3 coded CD's (my Panda of similar vintage does), which at least would give you the option of a significantly greater number of tracks per disc.

Alternatively you could fit a replacement aftermarket head unit with the specific functionality you want.

Retrofitting Blue&Me to a car which didn't have it on leaving the factory is unlikely to be a realistically viable proposition.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back