Technical Conn Rod torque spec

Currently reading:
Technical Conn Rod torque spec

Hello all, finally getting back to assembling Sophia’s engine. What is the recommended torque spec for attaching the conn rods to the crank? The engine is a 650 with standard specs. Thanks in advance.

Hello all, finally getting back to assembling Sophia’s engine. What is the recommended torque spec for attaching the conn rods to the crank? The engine is a 650 with standard specs. Thanks in advance.
May be able to help if give me more detail,what car, age, model, engine number etc.

That's good as I was relying on my old Autodata Technical Service Manuals, but they don't go that far back. I used to have the Glasses guide manuals which were the fore runner to Autodata which would have had all relevant information but sold them at autojumbles sadly. Good luck with the Fiat 500, a fun little, car I had one in the late 70s and recall driving flat out to Evesham to a canal barge holiday fully loaded, 55mph and 55MPG, it was a dull faded red with sunroof, reg ended OTY as I recall. First wife got that, a 1971 AlfaRomeo 1750 GTV (Bertone) and half my house in a divorce, I later learnt she had part exchanged the cars for a Morris Marina at a local dealers! Earlier still I owned a Fiat 600 with suicide doors and the water cooled engine. Regards Mike

That's good as I was relying on my old Autodata Technical Service Manuals, but they don't go that far back. I used to have the Glasses guide manuals which were the fore runner to Autodata which would have had all relevant information but sold them at autojumbles sadly. Good luck with the Fiat 500, a fun little, car I had one in the late 70s and recall driving flat out to Evesham to a canal barge holiday fully loaded, 55mph and 55MPG, it was a dull faded red with sunroof, reg ended OTY as I recall. First wife got that, a 1971 AlfaRomeo 1750 GTV (Bertone) and half my house in a divorce, I later learnt she had part exchanged the cars for a Morris Marina at a local dealers! Earlier still I owned a Fiat 600 with suicide doors and the water cooled engine. Regards Mike
Not wishing to be pedantic but, 'Haynes' list the conrod nut torque to be 25ft lb (35 Nm)

Is this specific for the 126A1? I only have a “Haynes” for the 500 which states 24 ft/lb
Yes Ryan, that IS the torque setting for a 126 engine (126A AND the 126A1). I will send you a copy of the "torque settings" sheet that I have put together for the 126 engine---they are slightly higher than for the 500 (110) engines and gearboxes.

Back