General Confused

Currently reading:
General Confused

NebulaStilo

Hi there

So after my stilo had a surge and hesitant accleration I replaced o2 sensor and plugs and cleaned throttle body with carb cleaner.
She drove like a dream for like 3 trips.

The surge came back. I did however notice when changing plugs that the one coil pack was brittle/worn at the bottom where she fits over the coil pack. The coil pack is firing though.

My confusion comes in here,when I unplug my o2 sensor she runs and idles perfect.
I got a few throttle body related codes and a misfire detected in cylinder 3 where that suspect pack is in.

I read now only that carb cleaner isn't best for throttle bodies because it sits on electronic components. Is this true?

Is it my pack,is it my throttle body because of carb cleaner or could it be both?

Thanks.

Can you move cyl 3 to cyl1 coil packs?

If the misfire moves.. you know why ;)

Removed throttle body again and opened it to see how it looks inside. Maybe some buildup etc.

I let her idle up to temp and kept her ata rev. She surged on the constant rev and misfired out the exhaust every now and then. Plugged diagnostics in and no codes came up but a misfire detected on cylinder 3 again.

So can only be that now ??

Back