Component Speaker Problem

Currently reading:
Component Speaker Problem

fraaz786

I was messing about with the crossover on my alpine HU everything was fine till i realised engine was off so i thought i better switch it on before battery dies. Anyway i tried turning it on, didnt go on. but when i tried that the front components stopped working, not the tweeters but the woofer. Any ideas whats happened? Iv charged the battery back up, reset the crossover settings back to before and they stil dont work :confused: :(

The crossover i was messing with is in the hu. It was fine until i turned engine on, strange thing is the tweeters still work.

i've checked everything, everything seems ok. I listened closely and there is some sound coming out of the woofers, but their not moving like the used to and there is no bass and not enough sound.:confused:

i've checked everything, everything seems ok. I listened closely and there is some sound coming out of the woofers, but their not moving like the used to and there is no bass and not enough sound.:confused:

your crossover is in your HU? how are the components wired? the fronts as tweeters and rears as woofers??

sounds like youve just got it setup wrong and your HU is only senging out HI freqs, therefore tweeters ok and some, but very little sound from woofers as they cannot actually produce the higher frequencies like tweeters.

i'd like to know how u have them wired, would help

Alex

The alpine headunit iv got has a crossover control thing on it, iv never used it before but played about with it last night, was all working fine till i switched the engine on. The components and my sub are wired from my amplifier. the only thing wired from the headunit is my 6x9s.

have you got a physical x-over for the components aswell??

sounds like setup on HU, i'm guessing u tried setting the x-over to whats it was before, also what is the filters (x-over settings?)

could have possibly killed the woofers with power surge, connect to HU to find out, or in place of a 6x9

Alex

yeah there is a xover for the comps as well. Iv tried resetting the headunit it stil wont work, im worried iv blown the woofers. is there any way to fix it? il go and try connectiing them where 6x9s are to see if they work.

I don't think the woofers are necessarily damaged - I had the same problem before but I can't remember exactly how I fixed it :eek: Try resetting it a couple of times on the trot.

If you have passive crossovers on your components, then you are doing yourself no favours by playing with the HU's active crossover ;).

They seem to have started working now but only sometimes! and now the actual subwoofer has stopped working too! i think its a problem with the amp now. the bit where you wire the subwoofer wires into does not work at all even if i try wiring different speakers into them. The subwoofer works if i wire it into a different bit of the amp. I hope this makes sense:confused: lol.

Check all the connectors, amp earth etc.

Back