Technical Comfortmatic issue Help

Currently reading:
Technical Comfortmatic issue Help

coxo

Wonder if any one can help I have a 2015 fiat Ducato 3.0 multi jet desel and my hydraulic fluid got low and am stuck in 1 gear I have now toped it up now. Was just wondering if any one can help with programming the gearbox I have downloaded the mes software and it’s registered any help is appreciated all attach pics

Attachments

• F2D42DBC-6383-4215-BC88-76A7A8B4AC63.jpeg
    F2D42DBC-6383-4215-BC88-76A7A8B4AC63.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 278
  • BC992DFA-1EFD-4AA4-989F-81D7B41D5035.jpeg
    BC992DFA-1EFD-4AA4-989F-81D7B41D5035.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 49
Hello,

Battery voltage is extremely low, as 10,8 V is the very minimum before the battery dies.

First of all charge the battery properly. It should be around 12,6 V. Remember that the alternator does not charge the battery as it should be done.

I assume you've tried to erase the error and it didn't help.

Have you checked the Adjustment tab? There are a few adjustment to make depending on what was the issue. And... that's the real question. Why the fluil level was so low? A leak? Wear of the parts?

I erased the error and it came back there’s no leaks under van yeh looked at the adjustment tab but not to sure what to adjust all that happened I parked the van up and forgot to put in nuatral then when back to start the van was stuck in 1 gear then scanned it and it sayed fluid was low

A friend of mine had the selespeed gearbox on his Alfa. It was getting stuck on a regular basis...

As far as I know, the following maintenance operations have to be done on a regular basis to avoid problems (naming according to the MES 5.1 I'm using): clutch drain, clutch self calibration enable and accumulator depressurization.

I'm not sure about the order, but I'd definitely start with clutch draining as the level of the hydraulic fluid was too low. Try also looking at the prerequisites / conditions of each adjustment.

A friend of mine had the selespeed gearbox on his Alfa. It was getting stuck on a regular basis...

As far as I know, the following maintenance operations have to be done on a regular basis to avoid problems (naming according to the MES 5.1 I'm using): clutch drain, clutch self calibration enable and accumulator depressurization.

I'm not sure about the order, but I'd definitely start with clutch draining as the level of the hydraulic fluid was too low. Try also looking at the prerequisites / conditions of each adjustment.
Thank un

One more thing: you shared two photos of the screen. The first one with the modules scan. It shows the Selespeed 348. Then on the next photo you're connected to the Selespeed 448 module. Settings can be different for each of them.

One more thing: you shared two photos of the screen. The first one with the modules scan. It shows the Selespeed 348. Then on the next photo you're connected to the Selespeed 448 module. Settings can be different for each of them.
I have probably selected the wrong one

The error message was: Hydraulic Circuit Pressure low, not fluid level. Yes, a very low fluid level may be the cause but there are several other possible reasons also. To my knowledge, there is no fluid level sensor, I think MES just makes some assumptions based on the fact that the pressure is low.
(The fluid container should not be full, there is a maximum level mark on it, quite hard to see).

Since there now is fluid in the system, I would check the hydraulic pump fuse and relay as next step, starting by using the command in F6 Actuators to start the pump and listen if it runs (for a few seconds only). If it does not run, I would check fuse F69 and relay T55.

For 250 Facelift models (from 2014/2015, aka 290):

1705499212062.png

Last edited:
The error message was: Hydraulic Circuit Pressure low, not fluid level. Yes, a very low fluid level may be the cause but there are several other possible reasons also. To my knowledge, there is no fluid level sensor, I think MES just makes some assumptions based on the fact that the pressure is low.
(The fluid container should not be full, there is a maximum level mark on it, quite hard to see).

Since there now is fluid in the system, I would check the hydraulic pump fuse and relay as next step, starting by using the command in F6 Actuators to start the pump and listen if it runs (for a few seconds only). If it does not run, fuse and relay should be checked first.

All check the the fluid level was low I put a long stick in it and from bottom off it there was 20 mm max in it

For 250 Facelift models (from 2014/2015, aka 290):

The facelifting of the x250 was made in 2011, in 2014 again FIAT made some changes (the most visible one were the new headlights) and named it x290, which also had a facelifting later on. The 2011 facelifting of the x250 included new engines (so new EUROnorm) and new electrical system, including new BCM.

Please respect the original naming to avoid confusion. The official documentation (available also on this forum) refers to official names / production years.

A '+' for pointing out the pressure low and not level low error :)

The facelifting of the x250 was made in 2011, in 2014 again FIAT made some changes (the most visible one were the new headlights) and named it x290, which also had a facelifting later on. The 2011 facelifting of the x250 included new engines (so new EUROnorm) and new electrical system, including new BCM.

OK, sorry. I was referring to X250 Facelift 2 in 2014 which clearly canged the frontend look (the ”face”) and also introduced x290 as model designation.

G'day coxo, I've got the same error in my 2015 Ducato 3.0 litre Multijet 180 with Comfortmatic. My error message is showing as blue coloured and "Intermittent", where I believe this is occuring because the Hydraulic Pump is occasionally failing to come on and bring the pressure up. Tell us, do you hear the very low volume buzzing sound of the Hydraulic Pump priming up to pressure when you approach the vehicle and open the driver door? You have to listen very carefully. If you miss it, you may still hear it again when turning the ignition key on. If the pressure is below around 33 bar, it'll run the pump and prime back up to around 46 bar where it stops.

You can also use MultiECUScan to check the Parameters from the Transmission Control Unit, where it will list such things as: "Hydraulic Circuit Pressure" and "Pump relay control". Monitoring these paratmeters you can see when the pump switches on and off and at the same time, watch the pressure build up, then slowly drops again. I just sit in the driver seat for some minutes with the ignition on and no engine running, monitoring parameters. The Hydraulic Pump cycles on after a while, as the built up pressure will drain through a "return line" leading back to the Hydraulic Reservoir which you've just topped up.

I'm not absolutely certain, however I'm led to believe the "Max" fluid level mark on the Hydraulic Reservoir is the "join line" where the two halves tank bottom and tank top join together see image below - please correct me if I'm wrong. I've been unable to detect any other "Max" level marker and this joint line was mentioned over on another forum. I mention this, as it's quite alarming how far down from the top of the filler, that level is and that's where I found mine when I first looked. Nonetheless, if you've over filled it, I'm also led to understand the excess will eventually drain out of the overflow tube as the system levels itself during use.

Hopefully someone on here can confirm that is the level marker in the image below. Please correct me if I'm wrong and I'll fix the image.

PS. Thanks for the photo MSjoberg showing hydraulic pump relay and fuse, including their numbers. Much appreciated.

1705917627832.png

G'day coxo, I've got the same error in my 2015 Ducato 3.0 litre Multijet 180 with Comfortmatic. My error message is showing as blue coloured and "Intermittent", where I believe this is occuring because the Hydraulic Pump is occasionally failing to come on and bring the pressure up. Tell us, do you hear the very low volume buzzing sound of the Hydraulic Pump priming up to pressure when you approach the vehicle and open the driver door? You have to listen very carefully. If you miss it, you may still hear it again when turning the ignition key on. If the pressure is below around 33 bar, it'll run the pump and prime back up to around 46 bar where it stops.

You can also use MultiECUScan to check the Parameters from the Transmission Control Unit, where it will list such things as: "Hydraulic Circuit Pressure" and "Pump relay control". Monitoring these paratmeters you can see when the pump switches on and off and at the same time, watch the pressure build up, then slowly drops again. I just sit in the driver seat for some minutes with the ignition on and no engine running, monitoring parameters. The Hydraulic Pump cycles on after a while, as the built up pressure will drain through a "return line" leading back to the Hydraulic Reservoir which you've just topped up.

I'm not absolutely certain, however I'm led to believe the "Max" fluid level mark on the Hydraulic Reservoir is the "join line" where the two halves tank bottom and tank top join together see image below - please correct me if I'm wrong. I've been unable to detect any other "Max" level marker and this joint line was mentioned over on another forum. I mention this, as it's quite alarming how far down from the top of the filler, that level is and that's where I found mine when I first looked. Nonetheless, if you've over filled it, I'm also led to understand the excess will eventually drain out of the overflow tube as the system levels itself during use.

Hopefully someone on here can confirm that is the level marker in the image below. Please correct me if I'm wrong and I'll fix the image.

PS. Thanks for the photo MSjoberg showing hydraulic pump relay and fuse, including their numbers. Much appreciated.

View attachment 436982
From what I read somewhere else the fluid should be 10 mm down from cap but I could be wrong also what part off Australia u from am in perth

Just done what u sayed it worked but the last part u sayed I got a error so I went and pull the rely out pug back in and bang it works so fare so good just need to test drive it thank u so much every one for help much appreciate

Back