General Coilovers

Currently reading:
General Coilovers

Fitting coilovers

i jus ordered my coilovers so shud b here this week.

Does anyone know of any problems i may encounter wen i come to fit them?

Thanks

re: Fitting coilovers

yeh seized bolts is all i had mate.
juts got some heat on them, and some brute force ;)

everything else is straight forawrd..

be carefull not to damage the outer CV boot... i know i did haha

Yup, bolts are a nightmare to say the least. Personally, if you come across a stubborn one, just get the garage to get it out and whatever you do DON'T go anywhere near an angle grinder to get them out :rolleyes:

Also, after getting the suspension done, get your tracking done as well. Mine was miles out when I got it looked at a short time after the Eibach set up was fitted. Only cost £26 as well (y)

Oh yeah and last but not least, get some pics up of the after fitting ;)

Last edited:

done it , got the konigsport fk's. drove it up the road and my passenger side tyre was flat :S wierd , got it booked in the garage tomorrow for tracking so they can check it for me.

done it , got the konigsport fk's. drove it up the road and my passenger side tyre was flat :S wierd , got it booked in the garage tomorrow for tracking so they can check it for me.

how low you got it?
its well worth it dude, best thing you could of done. i've not even had my tracking done lol :p
i do need it though, where you having it done and how much?

kev= sketchy enough for me lol.. especially if roland is on the case :p

the flat tyre does seem odd. pump it up and see if it goes back down, may just have been the way you left it when you took the wheel off.. ie..pressing the valve?

and whats close to the tyre? the arch or the suspesion turret?

yeh i got spring compressors mate. erm its all securely attached but got a knockin noise both side at the front so dont think the front strut is assembled properly, garage are going to sort it tomoz then once they done that going to lower it some more. arch liners will have to come out though I think? anybody else lowered on 18's?

yeh i got spring compressors mate. erm its all securely attached but got a knockin noise both side at the front so dont think the front strut is assembled properly, garage are going to sort it tomoz then once they done that going to lower it some more. arch liners will have to come out though I think? anybody else lowered on 18's?

chris was lowered bout same as me on 18's lol. think he took his arch lining out, he's wrote his car off now though.

mine always knocked abit, i'll get the garage to check it out for me on friday when they fix everything else.

gosh i cn say i wokred hard today. took me like 8 hrs work get ma coilovers on and set up right.
not helpin i had do ther rear 4 times cos i kept findin parts i hadnt put in the assembly(i really shud of taken more notice wen i pulled th old shocks out!!!

so yeh im cut, brusied, n i have lines were the blackness of oil dirt n grime at wher my tshirt finished!!!

The best fun iv had wit the stilo as yet, tho will go n test it out proper on the country roads tommorrow!!!

gosh i cn say i wokred hard today. took me like 8 hrs work get ma coilovers on and set up right.
not helpin i had do ther rear 4 times cos i kept findin parts i hadnt put in the assembly(i really shud of taken more notice wen i pulled th old shocks out!!!

so yeh im cut, brusied, n i have lines were the blackness of oil dirt n grime at wher my tshirt finished!!!

The best fun iv had wit the stilo as yet, tho will go n test it out proper on the country roads tommorrow!!!

8hrs? took me and my mate (two of us) less than 2hrs to do all 4 corners. (y)
1.5 hrs for the front and less than 30mins for the rear, mind you, we didn't set it up as the highest setting were low enough for my jtd at the time.

i did it on ma own. and not with best set of tools to be honest i hate to make do and be very inventive at times. alos had a few seized bolts which wos a pain the the arse as i cudnt find my big breaker bar and torque wrench so had very small leverage grrrr.

n the stilo is now on its arse lowest settin on the rear, may take the adjusters out for little bit more!!!

i did it on ma own. and not with best set of tools to be honest i hate to make do and be very inventive at times. alos had a few seized bolts which wos a pain the the arse as i cudnt find my big breaker bar and torque wrench so had very small leverage grrrr.

n the stilo is now on its arse lowest settin on the rear, may take the adjusters out for little bit more!!!

True, if I have to do one on my own, i think it will take me under 3.5 hrs? with the right tool.

Fitted Coilovers Now Got Noise

Hey people, iv had coilovers fitted to my stilo and its now making a sort of rattle/knocking noise from the front, both sides. took it back to garage today but they said they stripped it down and its all ok and its safe to drive and he suggested I asked the forum for any ideas. the only thing he said could fix it is an uprated strut top as the spring sits flat at the moment where it should sit at an angle. anyone any ideas or had the same problem? help greatly appreciated (y)

Back