General Coilovers

Currently reading:
General Coilovers

Re: Stilo Coilovers

ive got the gsr. just not got the rempa yet.. u'll be happy to hear...

i just ordered my coilovers from rimstyle i got the fk highsports which can drop up to 100mm. they are being delivered tomorrow :D

today is a good day :D

My coilovers i ordered yesterday have arrived
the tyres i ordered 2days ago arrived today
the hard drive i ordered 2days ago has arrived today
my new ikea furniture is arriving today...

i'll be a busy boy :)

i might go round some garages tomorrow to see how much they want to do the suspension swap, just so that when i'm doing it and get stuck i can keep in mind i'm saving x money. did you get and quotes?

i might go round some garages tomorrow to see how much they want to do the suspension swap, just so that when i'm doing it and get stuck i can keep in mind i'm saving x money. did you get and quotes?

to have my springs fitted i paid £60 mate.. i imagine it would be the same price for springs and shocks.
and prob the same again for coilovers

even £75 makes it seem pointless to spend all day doing it yourself. and the work is covered, and done properly. not that i doubt my technical ability of course:D

changing the springs yourself ( if you know what your doing) should only take a couple of hours..
im going to attempt my coilovers in 1 hour 30mins tomorrow. if not my car will self destruct :rolleyes:

just went down to the local independant so he could give me a quote and he said assuming i can get the droplinks off ok it'll be £30 a corner. the guy is right next to a nationwide garage and a nationwide guy said they would charge £200+ for the job if they were allowed to do it. i dunno what to do now. find a few more quotes me thinks.

"You can't go wrong"........... famous last words, LOL.
In theory it's straight forward, it will all depend how easily everything comes apart and if you've got suitable tools.
I had no major shakes when i did mine, just make sure you've got a decent set of spring compressors that are not too short as the stilo front springs are huuuuuuggggggeeeee.

who said my postman was a he?....

guess what...there done!!! me and my mate fitted them today, its really not that hard at all. very tired now tho. i'll get some more pics when it stops pi$$ing it down. your car is loads lower than mine. it feels good tho.

before/after.

Back