Technical Code reading / clearing - West Midlands

Currently reading:
Technical Code reading / clearing - West Midlands

Your airbag ECU is not active whilst there are lights up and potential crash data. You can drive it, it makes no difference if the ECU is not, but it would be questionable should anything happen whether you would be insured. You know what insurance companies are like, don't give them an excuse. The guy I use to clear them turns them round the same day, so it's three days and you have it back.
Thanks Paul that was my thinking exactly!

Your airbag ECU is not active whilst there are lights up and potential crash data. You can drive it, it makes no difference if the ECU is not, but it would be questionable should anything happen whether you would be insured. You know what insurance companies are like, don't give them an excuse. The guy I use to clear them turns them round the same day, so it's three days and you have it back.
Thanks Paul my thinking exactly!

Is the guy you use available for anyone or is it more of a friend doing it on the side kind of thing?

Hopefully I can just get it cleared via MES, but I like to know my plans B through Z for peace of mind.

Is the guy you use available for anyone or is it more of a friend doing it on the side kind of thing?

Hopefully I can just get it cleared via MES, but I like to know my plans B through Z for peace of mind.
It's a guy on eBay, I've had him do loads. When he was on holiday a couple of times, I sent them to someone else and they got fried, so I wouldn't use anyone else. I haven't had one done for some time, but I should have him in my favourite sellers, I'll find it and post the link.

It's a guy on eBay, I've had him do loads. When he was on holiday a couple of times, I sent them to someone else and they got fried, so I wouldn't use anyone else. I haven't had one done for some time, but I should have him in my favourite sellers, I'll find it and post the link.
Good man!

That would be very nice, thank you.

This is why, any time I see someone looking for advice on Fiat's, I send them over to this forum. You're all very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable!!

This is why, any time I see someone looking for advice on Fiat's, I send them over to this forum. You're all very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable!!

It seems his eBay is inactive. He had two different ones and neither have any listings. I've messaged him via eBay and see if he comes back to me. Maybe he's not doing it anymore.

If the original cant be fixed if you can find one with"the crash data cleared" on e-bay or the like can that be fitted and matched to the car with a proxy alignment?

Back