Clutch worries

Currently reading:
Clutch worries

L

Lewisb1989

This the clutchs is on the way out. Its always bina bit rough but 2day i pulled ova predded the clutch before i started it n it was stiff as. I ad to force it down. Now its alrite but its making noises depending on where it is. When its fully depressed it gets to a point then it makes a clunckin noise and goes all teh way down. When fully up it sum times makes a light grindin/rattle not harsh tho.

It hgas always been smooth up to the bite and then goes rough after it.

Iv priced up a new clutch from andrew page cos i think thats what it is gona cum down to.

Its still driving fine atm but i dnt really fancy driving to work tomoz n gettin stuck as iv got no brake down cover.

Any input welcome on usual prices for a new one, fitting cost, if its f***ed or not basically lol.

yeah mate deffos on the way out i jus had 2 get mine fixed it started with a little squeak when clutch fully depressed down and then one day miles away from home n the clutch fell apart according to the mechanic, so i had 2 drive all the way home in 3rd gear, id get it sorted soon as like... when i was pricing them up the lowest price i got was bout £140

Fiat Bravo 1.4s

Prices vary depending on the engine. I think 1.2's are the cheapest to get done around £140 all in. But on my JTD it cost me around £350 all in.

Your best ringing around afew places but avoid Mr Clutch as many owners here have suffered from there work.

BannerX.jpg

FOR SALE: 2001 FIAT BRAVO HLX JTD ABARTH
Contact me for more details.

Cheers

Cheers guys. I was watchin the footy last nite at my m8s n when i drove home it was back to normal for sum reason. Had no problems with it this morning on the way to work. So ill just keep an eye onit for now as im not exactly flush atm.

Andrew Page said £65+VAT for the clutch n i can get a m8 to fit it so wunt cost me that much.

Its gone

Its gone! Its it a massive job? How long would it take a mechanic to do?

u alright mate, i got a quote of my machanic to do a 1.4 and that was £250 but only because of the labour...its a tough job apparently. good luck :)

boocollage-2.jpg

Too Kool For Skool!!

Goin under

cheers for the info m8. Im skint as it is this has come at such a bad time. Need to move jobs to nearer to home. Rely on the car 2 much. Need it fixed for monday iv got some one to do it but i cart expect him to spend hours onit.