Technical Clutch slave cylinder popped.

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch slave cylinder popped.

get the rebuild sela kit rob, so easy to rebuild and a load cheaper only a couple of seals and a boot.

still bruises on my fingers from replacing my master cylinder last week, rod fell out whilst driving. hideous to get off behind the engine and up in the footwell. the original lasted 150K and the pattern part 40k. so i bought a fiat one 140 gbp !

get the rebuild sela kit rob, so easy to rebuild and a load cheaper only a couple of seals and a boot.

Is that the kit from Fiat? Marked 3 below - £18 back in the day of Eper v20.

naread.exe

still bruises on my fingers from replacing my master cylinder last week, rod fell out whilst driving. hideous to get off behind the engine and up in the footwell. the original lasted 150K and the pattern part 40k. so i bought a fiat one 140 gbp !

£140... I salute your dedication to the cause. :worship: I did a master cylinder once, can't remember if it was a Marea/Bravo or a Tipo. Didn't cost me £140 though. Owch. Front end up on ramps and then as you say... real pain of a job to reach up the firewall with the driveshaft/steering rack in the way.

Is that the kit from Fiat? Marked 3 below - £18 back in the day of Eper v20.

naread.exe

£140... I salute your dedication to the cause. :worship: I did a master cylinder once, can't remember if it was a Marea/Bravo or a Tipo. Didn't cost me £140 though. Owch. Front end up on ramps and then as you say... real pain of a job to reach up the firewall with the driveshaft/steering rack in the way.

Rob,Take the battery & battery tray off & it's right infront of you m8 . . Simple enough job to do :)

Cheers Gaz>Sedi_2000

The £140 gets you a Bosch master cylinder from fiat :(:worship:

the master cylinder emerged higher than expected below the manifold so i cleared the decks and went in from the top and side. just enough room to perform 1/8 turns on the pipe bolt. Splashed out on a ratchet spanner, infact a whole set, before it dawned on me it was no use due to the connected pipe doh ! :cry:

then the system wouldn't pressurise seems the slave cylinder rod dislodged during the trauma. Fun times.

Finally got around to doing the job. The slave cylinder boot was full of fluid which sprayed all over the radiator. Great.

Looking to replace the seals but how on earth do you get the old piston out? Is it a case of joining the cylinder back onto the feeder pipe and pumping the piston out using the hydraulics?

yes that will do it, but if you can get the end in a vice, or use an air line to blow it out.

Battery tray out everytime makes it easy job. 140 quid! you got reemed on that. Last one for marea 20v - same as tipo - was 90 quid in NZ. Surely UK will be somewhat cheaper.

I've been told the clutch slave cylinder is weeping on my Sedici too. Hoping i can get 1-2,000 more miles out of it.

I paid £32 for a bosch slave cylinder from the local motor factors. The inner bore of the cylinder looked in terrible state so I went for the new one. Reasonably easy job, with only the bleeding needing a 2nd pair of hands/feet. I'd reccomend replacing now before you get stuck somewhere. Even took the time to re-locate the air filter down the back of the battery, so it doesn't look as homemade.

It's good advice - but i've just spent £1200 on it getting all the belts / pulleys & fluids replaced, new radiator and hoses and brakes overhauled so it will have to stay on the list of things that need doing for a while! What warning did you get before it let go? i've been advised that the clutch bite will start to go lower.

Last edited:
The only warning I had was about 20 gear shifts before it let go, the shift into 2nd gear wasn't as smooth. About 5 shifts before it went completley, shifting down the box was difficult. Moved up the box to 5th then under braking went for 4th and the pedal hit the firewall. Had to crash it into 3rd and limp back to work.

Back