Technical Clutch pedal removal (stop start)

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch pedal removal (stop start)

The bracket that operates the stop start switch has broken from its weld causing the amber triangle to illuminate. 2012 Panda Twinair.
To remove the clutch pedal do I have to remove the whole pedal box or can I remove just the clutch pedal in situ?
Is there any thing I should know before I attempt this job tomorrow? A pedal is £129 and 2 weeks to arrive so I’m going to weld it. It’ll probably be stronger than a new pedal.
If I disconnect the battery will it reset the fault codes or will it need plugging into a diagnostic laptop to clear them? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 588F2A50-1316-4365-A6A5-E04DCAB2B9C8.jpeg
    588F2A50-1316-4365-A6A5-E04DCAB2B9C8.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Hi.
The codes can be reset with a good ELM327 Bluetooth adaptor and a smartphone with either Alfa OBD or Torque available from the Play or App store.
I don't think a full pedal is required. I belive someone else had the issue and effected an easy repair at minimal cost
Disconnecting the battery won't clear codes as they are held in memory.

If this happens to anyone else with stop start it’s a matter of when not if! They weld up to the weakest point. If they welded 13 mm more it would never break. It took 1 hour.
Here’s the procedure…
Disconnect battery, unplug accelerator pedal plug. Remove accelerator pedal 3x 10 mm nuts. Remove clip on clutch/ brake shaft above accelerator. Push shaft 15 mm to left. Remove circlip on left of shaft. Remove push rod from clutch pedal. Push shaft to right until clutch pedal drops.
Carefully remove clutch stop start switch.
Assembly is reverse but you’ll need to remove steering column UJ 17 mm bolt to move to side to get pedal back in with the broken piece welded back on it won’t quite fit.
Fit clutch switch last.

Back