Technical clutch noise

Currently reading:
Technical clutch noise

davo

Hi everyone , my marea weekend has just developed a wierd whirring noise when I rest my foot on the clutch pedal and when I depress it it changes to a more grindey / bubbly noise. Does this sound familiar to anyone ? and is it terminal or easily sorted. Cheersd Davo.

Sounds like it may be the clutch thrust bearing. If this is the case then its a new bearing required. May as well change the full clutch while replacing bearing whilst shes opened up

Oh dear that sounds painful, would you have any idea how long this might take as this would give me an idea of price to pay !

Different garages charge different prices... you'll have to shop around... these days i would n't expect much change from 300 quid unless you do it yourself. Can be done in a morning

Last edited:
Blimey - I'm in London so I may double that, is it difficult to do yourself ? I'm pretty handy but don't have any real car tools. What do you reckon ?

do you know a local garage you can take car to for a second opinion?(free). Do not take to a fiat garage if poss they will charge the earth. please bare in mind this is only my opinion and not having heard the clutch problem it is an educated guess. also bare in mind hot weather causes dryness and overheat problems...wait while engine cools down and see what she sounds like

Cheers man, will do that, does anyone know of a pleasant friendly Fiat aware garage in Streatham South London area ?

just checked back on my post here from last yr and it would have been more if the flywheel had seized thank god mine had'nt..good luck fella..

Back