General Clutch fluid

Currently reading:
General Clutch fluid

Oratebod

Hi all,

Where do i find the clutch fluid??

I'm sure my clutch has gone but just want to check the clutch fluid level first.

Any help??

Regards

Clutch and brakes are served from the same master cylinder on the rear of the engine bay.
Could be your slave cylinder that has gone.

Hi,

Thanks for that.

What happened was, all of a sudden i had to proper force the car into gear for about to days, then all of a sudden it started going into gear fine, then last night i had to proper force it again, then it broke down and wouldn't start.

Now i will put it in gear and have the clutch to the floor and start the engine but it's in gear even with the clutch down, so last night i had to put the car in first gear and then try and start the car hoping it would start and stay in gear, which it did, and i nursed it home in first gear for about a mile.

Any ideas

sounds exactly like a slave cylinder leak, which is very common, however you now have to wonder if you've damaged the gearbox by forcing it in gear. many people turn an easy £30 slave cylinder job into a damaged gearbox by driving the car when the cylinder is leaking.

the slave cylinder is on top of the gearbox, if the brake fluid reservoir level is low then ook on top of the gearbox for signs of leaking fluid. you can get to it to replace it more easily if you remove the battery tray, but you dont need to.

Hi,

Thanks for the help it was the clutch cylinder it has now been repaired and the car is fine again now.

Thanks

Deano

Back