General Clutch & DM Flywheel.

Currently reading:
General Clutch & DM Flywheel.

Hi
A week or so ago the clutch cable snapped on our 115 GTD having had it replaced we are now having problems getting into reverse gear.You always had to put the clucth right to the floor before.
Our garage adjusted the cable but there are still problems.
The garage have suggested that it's the clutch itself that needs to be replaced I'm ok with that but they have also suggested replacing the DM Flywheel at the same time.
As the flywheel is an expensive piece of kit does everyone think it's wise to replace it at the same time?
The JTD has done 180000km and is 2003
Cheers
Les

+1 for changing it from me. Had the same advice off of my garage when my multipla, same model, had 120000 miles on it. For the sake of a couple of hundred quid I'd rather know a new DMF is in there rather than another full days labour plus the extra £200 to put the flywheel in when the old one explodes! And maybe another clutch, do it properly, pay once :)

It's been like driving a different car since they did it. I do know that they took out the fork arm, cleaned it, wet and dryed it and copper slipped it before putting it back and I'm sure that that's kept the gear change smooth over the last 2-3 years.

If you look at clutch related posts on here so many people have had them changed only for the old problem of crunchy gear change to come back.

BTW, I thought the clutch was hydraulic as opposed to cable operated, but then again my mechanical knowledge is low..............

Hi
Have just done the whole lot, Clutch, DMF,seals etc.
I did find that as I live in La Belle France that some parts are cheaper here and vice versa.
I bought the clutch kit and DMF flywheel of a top brand from Car4parts.co.uk for £269 shipped to France. This was over 200€ savings on the best I could get here or elsewhere in the EU.
Now the Multi drives like a new car.
Also have had the front top joints and shockers done, bits were cheaper here perhaps it's due to the state of the roads as the Off side to us here takes an awful battering.
So after all this as our local garage only charges 38€ per hour the whole lot cost under 1200€
Hope the bugger is OK for the winter

Back