Technical Clonk and bump at small speed.

Currently reading:
Technical Clonk and bump at small speed.

tomdee

Hello dear Fiat users, recently my panda cross 4x4 1.3 Multijet started to make a clonk noise and bump that can be felt even in the gear lever. This only happens at low speed (1st and 2nd gear) and also with the engine in neutral or clutch pressed. It happens when going straight or turning and it is very evident when driving at low speed in the mall parking lot, for example.
The mechanic can't identify the origin and says it could be the gearbox or the transmission axles and wanted to rule out the problem by testing with a used transmission, unfortunately it's hard to find for this specific model.
Has anyone gone through something like this?
The engine was new and it has 40K kilometers without any problems (I have another thread about it here), the panda has 146K kilometers in total.

Small update, did the test on reverse and there were no odd noises or bumps. Did almost 300 meters in reverse in various speed and with the engine in neutral as well. Did not have the chance to record a video yet it will be my next step.

So, problem got worse. Massive vibrations and shakes.
The propshaft was removed but some of the vibrations continue. I'm waiting for the final veredict from the mechanic...
Vibrations started strong last Friday.

Still "dark smoke" on the resolution.
From transmission inspected and OK, engine mounts OK as well. Next will be inspected the clutch and gear box.
The vibrations and shakes only ocurr after engine is running hot, there are no weird noises just the vibration.

there’s got to be a clue here
Don’t know what
I think it may be related to the expansion of the metals.

What makes me curious is that both the clutch and the gearbox work without any problems, that is, the gears engage well and I don't feel strange noises or the clutch slipping.

Well, just got a call from the mechanic, he says that they found that the inner joints from the front transmission were dry (inside the boot).
They will repair it (fill it with apropriate grease if the bearings are not compromised) and test it to see if solves the issues. #fingerscrossed

Yay 😆😆😆... the Bianco Gelato Cross Panda is
frankenstein-its-alive.gif

Finally there are no clonks or shakes. Now I must take it to the snow real soon:cool:

Back