Technical Climate precondition failed - time expired

Currently reading:
Technical Climate precondition failed - time expired

LKing28

Hi, I have been using the precondition climate control which had been working fine but now I am getting the above message (or words to this effect) and it's not preheating the car even though it's set on the schedule. I've tried turning the settings off and putting them on again but no joy. I didn't use it on two of the days last week and the issue has been since then. Anyone know why and how I rectify this please? Thanks in advance.

Can you enable the climate control manually via the app instead of using the schedule? What was the state of charge on the car when it didn't work?
Reason for checking state of charge was that precondition will only engage above certain battery levels. Checking that it could switch on manually using the phone app was to verify that the app was communicating with the car. If that was fine, the next step was to check if the phone and car were somehow not set to the same time, which I understand from another forum that they weren't and this fixed the issue. Sometimes it's the obvious things that get overlooked when fault finding.

Reason for checking state of charge was that precondition will only engage above certain battery levels. Checking that it could switch on manually using the phone app was to verify that the app was communicating with the car. If that was fine, the next step was to check if the phone and car were somehow not set to the same time, which I understand from another forum that they weren't and this fixed the issue. Sometimes it's the obvious things that get overlooked when fault finding.
Hi,
Mine always stops the cabin pre-heating/cooling after 15 minutes. I have not found a way to change this. 15 minutes seem to be sufficient here, even at several degrees below freezing.

Back