Technical Cleaning 2.4 EGR

Currently reading:
Technical Cleaning 2.4 EGR

I cleaned the EGR on my 2.4 this afternoon, it's not as easy as the Marea was! Once I had moved the expansion tank it was relatively straightforward, just not as easy to get at like the 1.9's which, from what I can gather, are at the front of the engine. It wasn't too bad, but the inlet on the engine was badly coked up. I cleaned it as best I could and refitted everything complete with a bullet blanking plate. The interesting thing, was that the outlet had already been fitted with a swirl plate. Is that standard? General opinion is that a swirl or bullet plate on the inlet helps, but not read anything about the outlet.

No, the plate isn't standard, someone's fitted it to perhaps try and fix the running problems you've reported?

Thats my thinking, especially as the bolts were rounded off a bit too. Gonna see how it runs for the next few days and if I get any more 'insufficient flow' errors then I will remove the outlet plate and leave the bullet one in place. As the valve itself was pretty clean yet the inlet on the head was badly choked up, it looks like someone only did half a job.

Back