Technical Classic (??) Insurance for Tipo?

Currently reading:
Technical Classic (??) Insurance for Tipo?

Not sure as classic cars have to be 25years or older to qualify for free road tax and also you have to prove you have another vehicle on the road to
get some Classic car polices as there mainly limited mile's
But if its a rare model you never know

Zippyque said:
Not sure as classic cars have to be 25years or older to qualify for free road tax
Not true. They have to have been first used before Jan 1973 to qualify for free road tax.

The only way to know for sure HC is to ask the insurance co.s :)

i think a car has to be over 10 years old to be considered for classic insurance. they cat. it as a modern classic. depends on the ins. company really. however, if its a low premium your after classic ins. will not assist unless you restrict the mileage, so if its your daily drive your buggered.

the car also has to have a very high % of its original parts, i.e no aftermarket stuff etc

with regard to road tax the car has to have been built before 1st jan 1973, so even if the car was not registered until 1980 it would still be exempt.

hope this helps..........(y)

10 years is ok to qualify. My Sedicivalvole is insured via ChRis Knott Brokers for £300, fully comp and agreed value £2000, mileage limited to 3000. But there are many different policies out there.

LilZee said:
i think a car has to be over 10 years old to be considered for classic insurance. they cat. it as a modern classic. depends on the ins. company really. however, if its a low premium your after classic ins. will not assist unless you restrict the mileage, so if its your daily drive your buggered.

the car also has to have a very high % of its original parts, i.e no aftermarket stuff etc

with regard to road tax the car has to have been built before 1st jan 1973, so even if the car was not registered until 1980 it would still be exempt.

hope this helps..........(y)

Yeah it would be limited mileage and mostly original spec - nothing too noticable anyway. Obviously given its 10 years old its had to have parts replaced and some are not so easy to obtain. Try getting an original exhaust from Fiat :eek:

Back