City Steering all the time?

Currently reading:
City Steering all the time?

Hi all,
I've been trying city steering recently and it doesn't really seem to make a difference..
In normal mode the steering does seem a little too lite for what is a sporting model.
Does anyone reckon there could be a fault and city mode is always on?
Or is everyone's steering really lite as well?

Cheers

I'll be honest. When i switch it on, the only thing that changes, is the light comes on.
Although to be fair, my daughter says she can tell when it's on.

Like I say tbh I want the normal steering to be heavier as I think this would improve the drive... Maybe like you say just a gimmick really!

Remember the city mode is only active at low speeds, above about 20mph it makes no difference. Mine certainly becomes ludicrously light when parking in city mode but I never use it.

Personally I've no problem with the weight of the steering on my t-jet; however, the lack of feel is an issue. In common with most epas systems, you just don't get any information on the road surface, the limits of grip etc. Sod co2, bring back hydraulic assistance!

As mentioned before you wont notice it on higher speeds because it shuts off (|i think it said 35 mph in my manual), even then at higher speeds I doubt you would even notice.

I can feel the difference in my 1.4l without a doubt. It makes nipping around the city or town or even country lanes ridiculously easy (y)

35mph might be right, 20mph was off the top of my head. I believe it actually gradually fades out as speed rises so you don't get a sudden jump in steering weight.

Next time you drive around Bath you will be thanking he good lord for the city button :D

You could obviously drive around with it turned off but it makes the ridiculous streets a breeze

Next time you drive around Bath you will be thanking he good lord for the city button :D

You could obviously drive around with it turned off but it makes the ridiculous streets a breeze

I live in tight little bath and it stays firmly off.

I can definitely tell the difference when driving at slow speeds and parking, if i remember rightly, my manual (2010 vehicle) says it works up to 19 mph and then gradually fades out the faster you get, not sure what speed you cant tell the difference. Next time your parallel parkin or bay parking, switch it on, you'll see the difference.

I know this thread was a while back, I was just wondering how you are saying city mode fades out at 35mph but does that mean the light would stay on or would it go off when it turns off at high speed?

I know this thread was a while back, I was just wondering how you are saying city mode fades out at 35mph but does that mean the light would stay on or would it go off when it turns off at high speed?

It light stays on all the time even when you go above the speed limit and the adctual city steering feature turns off (y)

Back