Citroen

Currently reading:
Citroen

Are Action Auto Moto affiliated with Auto Express? Wouldn't be surprised.

Auto Express just make **** up and this is no exception to the rule. I love the DS, I LOVE the SM in fact I just love just about everything they made in France in the 70's (OK I exaggerate but you know what I mean) but this is an abomination. The DS was so futuristic back in the day (and still is imho) that it totally pisses on the original to make a copy in this way. Citroen already has a modern DS anyway in the C6 and that sells just great! NOT.

Googling "Julien Jodry" AND Citroen only brings up links to this article or similar so Julien is probably some spotty little teen photochopping the C6 to look a bit DS'esque and not in fact someone who works for Citroen as the story claims. When someone is a head of design for a large car company their name is splashed all over the internet and there aren't just 13 google results as their are for Mr Jodry.

Anyway lets file this away with Auto Express' the 2cv is back story in the complete bull**** file :) It's got all the hallmarks of a AE bad photochop, the bad photoshopping, the reveal date which is so far off in the distance that by the time it's passed you've already forgotten while also subscribing to their PoS magazine for way too long and the fact that it makes no sense at all.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/208391/citroens_2cv_is_back.html

As a Citroen lover I'd also rather have a ladyboy crap on my face too than see this horrible thing launched.

Something like this then. :D

007.jpg

LOVE the ZX Rallye Raid's in the background :)

I have promised my wife that in the future we shall own something big and French :) Perhaps a 504 Coupe, DS or an SM. If I can't get one of them I'll go for a 130 Coupe or a Giulia Coupe.

As a spotty 15 year old I remember seeing a metallic grey DS 23 Pallas in a local garage, and as I'd been brought up surrounded by Austins, Vauxhalls and Fords, this was a revelation. Several years later I was in Paris in the week they launched the CX, which again had me standing slack jawed looking through the showroom window. Unfortunately, the British motoring press don't
really like quirky cars and I read several road tests where the journalists criticised the CX's brakes, so when I first drove one I was expecting a bit of a nightmare. But, the ride was superb and the brakes intuitive. I've hardly ever believed anything motoring journalists have said since.

As a spotty 15 year old I remember seeing a metallic grey DS 23 Pallas in a local garage, and as I'd been brought up surrounded by Austins, Vauxhalls and Fords, this was a revelation. Several years later I was in Paris in the week they launched the CX, which again had me standing slack jawed looking through the showroom window. Unfortunately, the British motoring press don't
really like quirky cars and I read several road tests where the journalists criticised the CX's brakes, so when I first drove one I was expecting a bit of a nightmare. But, the ride was superb and the brakes intuitive. I've hardly ever believed anything motoring journalists have said since.

especially Jeremy Clarkson... :rolleyes:

How the fcuk can they call that a DS? A Real DS is a style icon, that is a BMW-Mini esque attempt to revive a nameplate.

I for one hope that the car never is released with the DS name. It is however, a nice looking car in its own right, and I could see that selling well. Just not with the DS name please

Back