Citroen

Currently reading:
Citroen

D5
in the same vein as the 500,the DS is 'reborn'

http://www.citroenet.org.uk/miscellaneous/d5/d5.html

d5front.jpg

d5rear.jpg

Underneath a beautiful retro dress designed by the new head of Style Citroên, Julien Jodry, the D5 is radically innovative. With its rear engine and transmission; its double glazed windscreen; its domino layout seating for five; its 100% pneumatic suspension; and its safety innovations, the D5 recreated in the Grand Hall of the Mondial the feverish scenes that occurred at a certain Salon in 1955. It overshadowed the C5 which has remained in production since 2008.

Last edited:
that is awesome! How much does it look like the original as well

CitroenDS_blu.jpg

DS was a great car from citroen, the cabriolet version fetches big money

Last edited:
I thought the C6 was a great looking car but that takes the biscuit !!! What a beautiful car, always been a fan of the DS, bring on the D5 (y)

they havent done a quirky car since the BX! what a car! radio on the centre console!

they havent done a quirky car since the BX! what a car! radio on the centre console!

The XM came later than the BX and was even more wacky. It was especially famous for having "will they or won't they?" electrics ;)

Attachments

• citroen-xm-3-0-12-v-1.jpg
    citroen-xm-3-0-12-v-1.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Citroen_XM_1.jpg
    Citroen_XM_1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 8
  • citroenxm.jpg
    citroenxm.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 13
Ok then, a DS that I will put the SM v6 into. Dont like the back or front of the SM :yuck:

Something like this then. :D

007.jpg

and the car in action.

I think it is basically a reskinned SM.

Ever since I drove one a couple of years ago, I've had a soft spot for the GS. Though it doesn't have a lot of power, the little air cooled flat 4 loves to rev. Surprisingly good road holding considering the skinny tyres it rides on, and the woo the body roll.

Oh, and those high pressure brakes are something to be experienced. The brake pedal basically doesn't move, you just keep pressing the pedal harder for more stopping power.

It was a hoot to drive.

http://www.citroenet.org.uk/passenger-cars/michelin/gs/gs-01.html

Troy.

The XM came later than the BX and was even more wacky. It was especially famous for having "will they or won't they?" electrics ;)

Was it heck, the XM worked slightly barring its electrics and it didnt have the radio where the handbrake in most fiats is, that isnt wacky, thats normal

Last edited:
Back