cinquecento immobiliser unit?

Currently reading:
cinquecento immobiliser unit?

hi there, i have a problem with what i think is the immobiliser unit.

The following is the procedure everytime @I start it...

1. Turn the ingition on, until the 'CODE' light is on
  2. Connect the black box (see image)
  3. Turn the key fully until the car starts
  4. Then disconnect the black box (or the hazard lights turn on)
  5. Then drive it
  6. --Should I turn the engine off.This process has to be repeated everytime...

How do I stop having to do this?

Below are pictures of the unit (the soldered wires are my attemp at trying to solve this problem as i do not have the connector for that part, but still no luck)

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 19
no the alarm doesnt work. even if i did disconnect the indicators i would still have to remove the box and connect it again everytime i wanted to start the car otherwise the box just ticks repeatedley and the car doesnt start

i dont know exactly where the box goes but the wireing loom for the box does lead up to the steering column. how do i isolate the code circuit?

it looks like an alarm module alright! especially due to the fact that it has the hazard light relays in it.,., by the looks of things the white wires are part of the immobiliser cut relay.,. if you trace these wires back to where they are joined inside the car you should find where someone cut some of the cars original wires and attached the white ones, so if you undo what they did then it should be fine, just find the ones they cut and just reattach them to each other rather than the white wires and that should be it.,.,
the wires might be taped up to look like original ones, dont be affraid to remove the tape it can easily be replaced..,.,
also there might be a serial no or model no on the unit somewhere, if there is post it here and ill try get you some more info on it.,.,

thanks for the heads-up every1 everybit of information is valued. all that is written on the extarnal of the box is................

P.No 46000418 - ALARM
MPT 1340
W.T. LICENCE
EXEMPT

I did a quick google on the info you posted and the
"MPT 1340
W.T. LICENCE
EXEMPT"
refers to a remote device whic is one of the componants inside the module you have, so that proves its an alarm module.,., just trace all the wires involved and you should be able to remove it without much hassle., I'll see if i can get anymore info about the model no from work on the next working day.,.,

iv just finished with 100% success!! i removed all wires that made up the alarm kit, re-attached all of the old wires and hey presto it worked!!!thanks custard an especially vtec you both have been a great deal of help and i wouldnt have been able to do it without you. thanks alot!!!:) you guys rock :slayer:

i would take it to an auto electrician ,they should sort you out mate

Back