Cinquecento clutch went bang 😭

Currently reading:
Cinquecento clutch went bang 😭

Out for a lovely spin in the 1997 cinq s and went to park it and then there was a small clunk and the car tried to drive away with the clutch pressed down all the way... I would say that the release bearing has had words with the pressure plate and bits were exchanged 🤔
My main annoyance is getting someone to tow me home (Have towing pole), you really find out who your friends are 🤔, anyone who knows me knows I would do anything for someone in need, even my daughter refused cos her car is too new🙄... for the useless people's I have a long memory 😠

Out for a lovely spin in the 1997 cinq s and went to park it and then there was a small clunk and the car tried to drive away with the clutch pressed down all the way... I would say that the release bearing has had words with the pressure plate and bits were exchanged 🤔
My main annoyance is getting someone to tow me home (Have towing pole), you really find out who your friends are 🤔, anyone who knows me knows I would do anything for someone in need, even my daughter refused cos her car is too new🙄... for the useless people's I have a long memory 😠
Out of order that! :mad:
I honestly think people haven't got the skill these days and would sooner give £100s to a recovery firm, I have towed with a pole , a rope, a strap and even a chain , now that was really unforgiving!
Just a thought, if you have drive but no clutch disengage, I have just put the car in gear and turned the key to drive off many times with customers cars and even changed gears if you get the engine speed right, though I agree if in traffic it is not recommended and you do have to stall to stop unless you can grab it into neutral just before, that works too.;)

Out of order that! :mad:
I honestly think people haven't got the skill these days and would sooner give £100s to a recovery firm, I have towed with a pole , a rope, a strap and even a chain , now that was really unforgiving!
Just a thought, if you have drive but no clutch disengage, I have just put the car in gear and turned the key to drive off many times with customers cars and even changed gears if you get the engine speed right, though I agree if in traffic it is not recommended and you do have to stall to stop unless you can grab it into neutral just before, that works too.;)
Did drive it a bit in the carpark and heard what sounded like bits rattling around in the bellhousing ☹
Got a friend to tow me home eventually, offered to pay him but he refused to take a penny. I will remember that. Just when he arrived (4 hours later😐) a stranger in a Toyota jeep stopped and offered to tow me home... so there are a few decent people out there. Thanks for replying to this story/rant🤗

Did drive it a bit in the carpark and heard what sounded like bits rattling around in the bellhousing ☹
Got a friend to tow me home eventually, offered to pay him but he refused to take a penny. I will remember that. Just when he arrived (4 hours later😐) a stranger in a Toyota jeep stopped and offered to tow me home... so there are a few decent people out there. Thanks for replying to this story/rant🤗
It does restore your faith a bit.
Many years ago 80 miles from home going to a motorcycle auction in a Peugeot 504 pick up o/s/f dropped, got out thinking it was a puncture, only to find the spring seat on the suspension had collapsed, so totally screwed at the side of a country lane, within minutes a farmers wife, stopped asking if she could help and drove me to the nearest garage who then directed us to a another in the local town which she took me too, she refused any payment, the garage got their recovery vehicle out and collected my vehicle. I explained I was in the trade, he loaned me all the tools to strip the damaged part out, located a new part, loaned me a vehicle to drive in to the next County where it was, I fitted the part and he would only accept £20 for the use of the car to get the part.
Down our way the recovery alone would have cost £70 even then!

Back