General Cinquecento 899cc head gasget replacement

Currently reading:
General Cinquecento 899cc head gasget replacement

you will also need to change the oil and filter as it will be contaminated will coolant

san

right ive done thr gasket just nead to put cover back on but geting new bolts for that, just need to change oil now, the filter do i need to change that as i had no antifreeze in the water, as i cant get a filter untill tomorow ( got to order it ) or i might just wait till tomorow

right done it and running ok, but there is a burning smell and smoke from the mannifold is that due to the new gasget i put on it?????

that be the exhaust mani then.

ok thank you very much i just thought i would ask cuz it stinks of burning oil or somthing, i would thank all of you for helping me do this,thank you very much, herron

right i done the head thanx to you lot on here, BUT last night i could smell oil i stopped the car and looked it had come out of the dip stick, so this morining i pushed it back in and started the engine back up, and when i pull the dip stick a bit there is alot of compretion coming out of the top, why is this, pls help

right ive just had another look and the pipe on top of the rocker cover has a twist in it can that be it, and yes the head is on right lol

well i think thats done it thanx again all, and ive got 1 more small problem lol,, im losing water its not going into the engine ive checked its either coming outwords so i need to kno how much more can i tighten the head bolts up as ive reused the old ones,,, and the gasget in the middle of the carb were can i get 1 from cant find them anywere as thats leacking water i think, its split hopefully its just that

What do you mean by gasket in the middle of the (carb) throttle body?

You tighten the head bolts as detailed in the instructions. I presume you made sure there was no oil in the holes before fitting the bolts?

Did you get the head skimmed?

Cheers

D

the holes were dry,, yes in the middle of the carb there is a gasget and its split but i thing the water is from that cuz when i took the top of there was water on the top of the carb were the injecter is

I don't think there should be water halfway up the throttle body, however if you need a gasket, get a cornflake box and make one.

Are you sure you've plumbed it correctly on reassembly?

Cheers

D
yes i did it by the book,, the carb on these have water going through them

Back