General cinquecento 20 v turbo

Currently reading:
General cinquecento 20 v turbo

craig lowe said:
So it wont fit even if i cut the inner arches and bulk head. is the engine to wide to fit.I have done work like this before, i'v fitted a metro turbo engine in a mini that envoled cutting the bulk head back, so iv got the skills just need to know if it deffo not fit in the frount.

p.s can some one please tell me how to load my pics on to my thread.:bang: cheers

oh and the 20vt is taller so would either be through the floor or through the bonnet

craig lowe said:
So it wont fit even if i cut the inner arches and bulk head. is the engine to wide to fit.I have done work like this before, i'v fitted a metro turbo engine in a mini that envoled cutting the bulk head back, so iv got the skills just need to know if it deffo not fit in the frount.

p.s can some one please tell me how to load my pics on to my thread.:bang: cheers

the 20v is a big 5 cyliner engine.if you have ever looked at a coupe engine bay you will see the size of it. as pete said a graft of an hgt or coop front end is the only way it will fit and that would mean fitting a huge custom bodykit to make the rest fit.
when you compare the mini engine to the metro turbo engine the difference between that and a cinq engine v a coop/hgt 5 cyl engine is marked.

it takes massiv mods to fit the coop engine to a punto and supposedly makes the steering lock poor due to the massive engine bay mods.
also consider the weight it would ut in the front ruining the handleing of the cinq

Putting a metro turbo engine in a mini is a simple matter of clearing the blower on bulkhead. no modding to speak of. engine's are same. total piece of urine.

putting 20v engine in a cinq is major metalwork. no different to installing a jap or german lump in a cinq. that much work is required.

best of luck. as most of these conversions end up, I expect to see your car on ebay in pieces for parts. but would be happily proved wrong when I see it zoom up the road..

and people thought i was mad when i asked if a saxo engine would fit my cinq. But as amazing as it would be to see someone squeeze a massive engine like that under the bonnet of a cinq it just wouldn't be worth it. it would cost alot to insure, be alot to handle and just wouldn't be practical. But why not prove us all wrong and do it anyway(y)

Yeah there would be more work involved in sticking a Coop engine into a Cinq than it would be to stick a VTEC under a bellnose fronted Mini :spin:

Fella, if you can get one of these in a Cinq engine bay I'll shave off all my body hair and do three laps of the town butt naked.

Attachments

• DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 24
fixitagaintomorrow said:
Fella, if you can get one of these in a Cinq engine bay I'll shave off all my body hair and do three laps of the town butt naked.

I think thats a dare! Youve gotta do it now lol

Maybe you should pay Lucy Pinder to do it instead, i think evry1 would enjoy it more :yum:

TurboCinqy said:
Maybe you should pay Lucy Pinder to do it instead, i think evry1 would enjoy it more :yum:

If you had enough cash for that, you could go and get a highly modded Coop in the first place :) I'm sure Ms Pinder's fee would be fairly substantial, but I would agree most people would rather see Lucy than Pete (no offence Pete) :)

@ craig lowe, save time and hassle by buying an old american muscle car, this in essence will be the same a Coupe engined Cinq, fast as fook in a straight line but can't corner worth sh it and also expensive to run.

Liam

Back