Styling cinqucento project

Currently reading:
Styling cinqucento project

deanjackson

i have currenly brought a lil fiat cinqucento its a 1996 model while drive up and down the road i went round a round about and the car seems to feel very very light and does not grip the road very well around corners is this a normal problem? :p has anyone got any good idea's how to WEIGH DOWN (n) the car TO HELP IT GRIP THE ROAD BETTER OR IS THEIR ANOTHER WAYTO HELP PLEASE LET ME NO THANKS X

its shouldnt be the tires it has better ones on it i cant remember the name of them i shall tell u tommorow and ill upload some pics

yh it has got lowing springs on it and it is quite bouncy i need to uprate the rakes aswell do u recon green ebc will fit

what should the tire pressure be on these cars i have no clue about them and wanna do more to it so im gnna have to post a lost of questions ive gotta repair the two ready inner aches coz ther full of rust and got gaping hole in their great fun thats gunna b lol

it all depends on the size of the tyer if you look on the sidewal of the tyre it will have numbers they should b the biggest ones on the sidewall and thell b a letter or two in there it may even say what psi it should be on the tyres some do and some dont unfortanatly if it doesent if post wat the number/letters :D

hmm mines 44 :S but yeah i agree the avrage is bout 30 odd

If you agree the average is 30 odd then why have you got 44psi in your tyres????

or do you agree that this is the average because you now know what it should be for these cars and feel a bit of an idiot with 44psi in your tyres???

OP - what car have you got? an 899 or a sporting?

Last edited:
there ment to be at 39 what it says on the tyre anyway i put 44 in cuz i got the car with for some reason all 4 tyres with slow punctures and it takes about a week and its at 37/38 so i put it at 44 so im not driving on under inflated tyres and the ride feels alot better i live in the country side if i have em at 39 i bounce everywere and gets scary going round corners lol and i agreed the avrage to be 30 becuse any other car ive had was 30 and i havent exploded any tyers yet thr tyres are usaly warm when i pump them up i dont have a pump at home so i have to pay 50p for some air rip of i fink

Last edited:
i think i am going tohave to drop a new engin in it soon has anyone got any idea's what engine will fit straight in prefreble bigger than a 1.1 i was thinking 1.4 uno or punto and where i can get a new engine mount from coz it sound like its on th way out ?

there ment to be at 39 what it says on the tyre anyway i put 44 in cuz i got the car with for some reason all 4 tyres with slow punctures and it takes about a week and its at 37/38 so i put it at 44 so im not driving on under inflated tyres and the ride feels alot better i live in the country side if i have em at 39 i bounce everywere and gets scary going round corners lol and i agreed the avrage to be 30 becuse any other car ive had was 30 and i havent exploded any tyers yet thr tyres are usaly warm when i pump them up i dont have a pump at home so i have to pay 50p for some air rip of i fink

if you have standard sporting alloys then it should be 32 psi so you have been misinformed with 39psi thats probably the max psi i wouldve thought?

Last edited:

39 is the maximum the tyre will take, read the manual for the correct pressure for your car and load circumstances.

If the tyres are leaking, get them fixed FFS. Its probably rim corrosion.

Cheers

D

Back