Cinq v sei (moved posts from the install thread)

Currently reading:
Cinq v sei (moved posts from the install thread)

Clock34 said:
Think the stuff about andi' bearing needs removing too lol...

and in all honesty there isnt much difference.

a car with non-opening rear windows is stiffer as is the car with a sunroof due to the extra beam running across the roof.
a sei doesnt twist as much as a cinq (extremely evident if you jack one corner up of both cars) so technically a sei within sunroof and solid rear windows should be the stiffest chasais... although a cinq rear seat is a better brace as the sei one twists.

only option is track time a few identical centos.

Oh well you'll have to come up here then, take Neo to Knockhill....

Clock34 said:
neo getting some love atm. will sort something out one day.

Oh Aye?? what's Neo gettin done to him??

jatkinson said:
ill join you and kick your arse :p

Clock34 said:
you wish mate.... thats all im saying.....

Aye & Ming will whip both your'e arses round a track.
Think about it, 1242 Engine, same as you two
Stripped big time= lighter weight
Woulnd't mind wee run up to Knockhill, only been there once.... 2days after I bought the Panda...... foot down- no power, wouldn't have that problem in the Sei.

Andi_F said:
Aye & Ming will whip both your'e arses round a track.
Think about it, 1242 Engine, same as you two
Stripped big time= lighter weight

no upgraded inlett, no porting, no 4-2-1 exhaust, no lighter flywheel.... and he has removed less than 15kg from the back... whip??? nah i dont think so. i reckon the 70-50 kit will definatly be a advantage aswell with less body roll. my larger front brakes also will help :p.

it would be tight. would love to see the outcome but knowing me and ming we wouldnt ever give in lol.

and neo has just received a new bonnet, new drivers side wing and a new rear bumper so just the front left then he will be looking sweet again

Clock34 said:
no upgraded inlett, no porting, no 4-2-1 exhaust, no lighter flywheel.... and he has removed less than 15kg from the back... whip??? nah i dont think so. i reckon the 70-50 kit will definatly be a advantage aswell with less body roll. my larger front brakes also will help :p.

it would be tight. would love to see the outcome but knowing me and ming we wouldnt ever give in lol.

and neo has just received a new bonnet, new drivers side wing and a new rear bumper so just the front left then he will be looking sweet again

Hmmm so you & Ming in a race round Knockhill..... you'd be there untill the track closes for the night...
And as for Neo, I forgot you'd got bits for Neo, when I was talking to you on the phone.

IF we go round it for 24 hours at full pace, my car will defo last longer.

As for a few laps, it will be tight. But everyone would like to think they come ahead, only time on track would tell.

I would say how the car is set up is more important than just what suspension kit you have.

Ming

How about an official cento track day?

That would sort out the claims :)

It's either that or crail, but a track would be a better all round test of each cars all round ability rather than just going in a straight line

Andi_F said:
Although as said before the tighter race could be:
Ming's Cinq vs David's Rally Cinq, although Ming has the larger engine....

dont know what your obsession with mings cinq is... just because its got no back seats doesnt make it the faster machine.... its not slow but its not noticably faster compared to other 1242's

in the end with cars as close as all our it has to be down to the driver.

Clock34 said:
dont know what your obsession with mings cinq is... just because its got no back seats doesnt make it the faster machine.... its not slow but its not noticably faster compared to other 1242's

in the end with cars as close as all our it has to be down to the driver.

What I mean Steve is, both David & Ming's Cinq's are stripped out, I just thought due to Ming's Cinq being 1242 & David's being 1108, Ming's would be faster in the straights.
But as you say it's down to driver skill.

Mark...... Cento Trackday sounds like a good laugh.

Andi_F said:
What I mean Steve is, both David & Ming's Cinq's are stripped out, I just thought due to Ming's Cinq being 1242 & David's being 1108, Ming's would be faster in the straights.

the stock (well unmodified engine wise) 1242's are quicker than stock 1108's, but davids rallycinq is hardly what you could ever class as a stock 1108 ;) a bigger engine doesnt automaticly make it faster unless the exact same mods are done, thats when the extra cc start to gain the advantadge back.

power wise, davids 1108 is probably at worst on a par with mings, possibly slightly more powerful due to it's mods. what power it does have aswell, it will use better because of how the car is setup. Mings cinq will be very good as far as cinqs go compared to standard, but until it's as developed as the rallycinq it probably wont be as quick over a lap

Back