Cinq v sei (moved posts from the install thread)

Currently reading:
Cinq v sei (moved posts from the install thread)

if the interior makes more of the weight you should feel the srip down more in a sei.... what trim is different?? tbh it goes on weight difference for power... eg.

85bhp 760kg = 111
85bhp 700kg = 121

now ill be honest 10bhp per tonne...... its not noticable really. and my rear seats, sub and amps didnt weigh 60kg. so im loosing less than 10bhp per tonne think they weighed nearer to 30kg so im loosing 5bhp per tonne max keeping seats and a sub.... its not noticable... ill even drag race you somewhere to prove it :p

(ask ming and his stripped out cinq... mine is not slower than it)

Clock34 said:
if the interior makes more of the weight you should feel the srip down more in a sei.... what trim is different?? tbh it goes on weight difference for power... eg.

85bhp 760kg = 111
85bhp 700kg = 121

now ill be honest 10bhp per tonne...... its not noticable really. and my rear seats, sub and amps didnt weigh 60kg. so im loosing less than 10bhp per tonne think they weighed nearer to 30kg so im loosing 5bhp per tonne max keeping seats and a sub.... its not noticable... ill even drag race you somewhere to prove it :p

(ask ming and his stripped out cinq... mine is not slower than it)

nope, the interior is the same weight. the cinq is a naturally lighter car so the interiors weight makes up a higher percentage of the overall weight of a cinq than it does a sei.

for a very rough example, a 730kg cinq. if you remove 15kg you are removing 2% of the cars gross weight
in an 800kg sei if you remove the same 15kg you are only removing 1.5% of the cars gross weight, therefore it makes a higher proportional change on a cinq than a sei which in turn helps power to weight more proportionally aswell.

it's not all about bhp per tonne, it's also about how it turns and stops extra weight

cinq is only lighter due to lack of equiptment.

the extra 30kg on the sei is abs, power steering, aircon,larger alloys. without the abs power steering and aircon they weigh the exact same :)

cinq sporting is 727kg. sei sporting is 730... mk2 is defo more at 760kg and slow :p :p haha

Clock34 said:

the extra 30kg on the sei is abs, power steering, aircon,larger alloys. without the abs power steering and aircon they weigh the exact same :)

cinq sporting is 727kg. sei sporting is 730... mk2 is defo more at 760kg and slow :p :p haha

and mk1 seis also look better than mk2's ;) (just my personal prefference before anyone gets upset :p )

lol was going to say were starting the wrong argument. should probably tidy up this thread. but yeh the mk1 do look better.... quicker... handle better. just all round better.... more refined than the cinq too :p

Clock34 said:
lol was going to say were starting the wrong argument. should probably tidy up this thread. but yeh the mk1 do look better.... quicker... handle better. just all round better.... more refined than the cinq too :p

we're providing a public service with this discussion ;) :p

cinq is a rawer more hardcore car, some people like that, some people like the refinement. fwiw i dont think theres much in it

neither are very refined! haha

Clock34 said:

cinq sporting is 727kg. sei sporting is 730...
mk2 is defo more at 760kg and slow
:p :p haha

Oi you watch it.......
Mk1 Sei's are easyer to get parst for than the Mk2's.....
Hoping I'm imagining this but.... think as I go into 4th the car seems to slug, untill I boot it....
Could just be me.
Steve, to add to what I was saying on the phone last night, there's also a judder under braking....
Fecking insurance is due soon......

im thinking somethings warped after overheating from being seized partially on. e has mentioned the wheel got hot afterall ;) that'd explain the noise, vibration and judder under braking....it'd also explain the sluggishness andi is reporting in 4th gear ;)

Mark. wheel only got hot once, didn't help that HB has history of sticking @ O/S/R
Going to buy me a Torque Wrench, think I've got some Torque settings in the folders I bought off FF.
Might also speak to guy I know v well in the village who used to own Angel Tuning, see what he says.
Or if not take it to Garage I use in Troon, as he didn't say anything about Hub Bearing back in November, when had it booked in, due to knocking at the rear etc etc.

aye usualy its the disc that warps on the front but i have heard of shoes going weird on the back or drums changing shape due to extreme heat build up over time

if the wheel got hot even once, something has overheated after sticking, the amount of braking effort going through the rear in normal circumstances is minimal at best, the only thing that would cause the heat is something internal touching when it shouldnt, if sometings touching it'll make a noise, if it makes a noise it's causing a restriction in turning, in turn that could cause a vibration....magnified as a full blown judder under braking after it's heated up and changed a few things

it's an easy diagnosis though, jack up car turn offending wheel, locate noise. shake wheel, check for loosness.

dunno the punto had new disks. callipers and bearings and the problem carried on so its not set in stone. but id defo check for wheel woble. check the bolts are tight and check it spins freely by hand and there is no drag.

Think the stuff about andi' bearing needs removing too lol...

and in all honesty there isnt much difference.

a car with non-opening rear windows is stiffer as is the car with a sunroof due to the extra beam running across the roof.
a sei doesnt twist as much as a cinq (extremely evident if you jack one corner up of both cars) so technically a sei within sunroof and solid rear windows should be the stiffest chasais... although a cinq rear seat is a better brace as the sei one twists.

only option is track time a few identical centos.

Back