Cinq turbo!!!! High boost!!!!

Currently reading:
Cinq turbo!!!! High boost!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fred - you can't 1242 it if that's what you were thinking about - the pistons ain't transferrable between 1108 and 1242.
You could run it as a low boost 1242, unless you can find some low comp pistons or get a spacer bonded onto the block...

fredjudd said:
so is it worth it? With alot of time and effort etc?

is it worth it, well depends really, i wouldnt pay anymore than 500 pos stretch to 600 to be frank :eek: Alex22 went to look at it and also mentioned it isnt boosting properly in addition to the engine problems so it may take a big bill to get it all fixed and up to scratch etc unfortunately :( , also engine bay pic did worry me a smidge if im honest :eek: :eek:

Im not thinking of making a hi boost 1242, i wanted to but then sussed that the pistons where a different size.

If i do buy it, it will be a complete engine re build with a new bottom end, and setting up back at Van Aaken.

New boost pipes are avaliable yes? + A bloody good clean up and I rekon she'll me mint. Ill prob sell it if all gets done, due to my more comforatable more civilised Sei now... god i feel old, only 18....

fredjudd said:
Im not thinking of making a hi boost 1242, i wanted to but then sussed that the pistons where a different size.

If i do buy it, it will be a complete engine re build with a new bottom end, and setting up back at Van Aaken.

New boost pipes are avaliable yes? + A bloody good clean up and I rekon she'll me mint. Ill prob sell it if all gets done, due to my more comforatable more civilised Sei now... god i feel old, only 18....

True (y) if you do get it buddy it sounds like one hell of a lucky cinq :D although not sure about the scope for selling on, custard and aaron both got their cinqs stupidly cheap, and mine only sold for asking price because i let on how much i wanted it :eek: :eek: Keep it for when can insure it :devil: :p

I can insure it now :) But due to A-levels it will be a slow process hopefully getting finished around summer time.

Ghost, if I do get it want to sell me you massive mesh bumper? :yum:

fredjudd said:
I can insure it now :) But due to A-levels it will be a slow process hopefully getting finished around summer time.

Ghost, if I do get it want to sell me you massive mesh bumper? :yum:

Ah coool :cool: :D

I've lost one of the yellow painted inserts so planning to smooth it before selling on, but will be for sale soon (read eventually :p)

Nice, I may have to take you up on that one.

As for the boost pipes, there are plenty of after market jobbies around yeah?

Do they just supply a kit? If I'm going to fit a dump valve im going to have to chop something out...

Jubilee clips anyone?

heehee, ive got a mate with a big old trailer and if that fails ill get towed the 80 odd miles home.

but the tow bar is at the back, so it can only tow things not be towed on the tow bar. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back