General Cinq sporting help plz

Currently reading:
General Cinq sporting help plz

ilsonemo

Speed Camera Tester
i am looking to buy another cinq sporting but the one i have found only has 2 blue keys and not the red master key, will that make any difference or not ? if so where can i get a red master key ? cheers

Red keys only get issued when you first buy the car. The only way is to get an ecu and set of locks that have the red key already linked to them, other than that I don't know if there is anything else you can do. Bit of a pain to change it all over as well.

Hope this helps, Luke.

i already have a cinq sporting that doesnt have the red or blue keys just the old black ones can i swap all the ecu and locks and stuff ? or will it ferk up?

Providing you do it correctly, it will work. But why would you want to change the ECU over? Do a search as I'm not totally sure if you need the red key when changing the ecu over to a different car, pretty sure you don't though.

Luke.

The missing red key is possibly not too bad, loads have them on here and have never needed them.

Because it is missing the important key use this as a bargaining tool

Never needed our red key in 13 years! It's still with the original documentation.

Just checked, it's there!

Have even got the plastic cards with the code numbers on for starting the car if the transponder fails (pressing the accelerator in sequences of numbers) never tried that, don't want RSI in my foot!

Vic

I think it's a sort of master programming key, using which, other keys can be made

Back