General Cinq Abarth Turbo is sold!

Currently reading:
General Cinq Abarth Turbo is sold!

Plans for the immediate future (I'm off sick till Xmas) include oil change (fully synthetic) and genuine Renault 5 GT Turbo filter (said to offer better filtration than non turbo ones), Toad, and a look at water cooling the TB (well, they're supposed to be water heated, but you don't strictly need that for a Turbo, however, I recon it may be suffering a little on re-starts due to fuel vapourisation).

fingers99 said:
Plans for the immediate future (I'm off sick till Xmas) include oil change (fully synthetic) and genuine Renault 5 GT Turbo filter (said to offer better filtration than non turbo ones), Toad, and a look at water cooling the TB (well, they're supposed to be water heated, but you don't strictly need that for a Turbo, however, I recon it may be suffering a little on re-starts due to fuel vapourisation).

TBH I bypassed the throttle body to keep it cooler, as having hot water going through there wasn't needed as its only for icing which is never going to happen on a turbo car. What may be the problem is the butterfly position as I was playing about with this to see what it was like as on Fiats they seem to be fully closed on idle, yet on the Citreon throttle bodies (36mm off a ZX 1.4 bolts straight on, I got one for £10 from scrap yard) slightly open. So may actually be flooding as it only suffers longer restarts if left to idle and then restart it, leave it for a few hours like in work etc its starts 1st turn of key. The car was still in development right up to the end :)

Alex22 said:
Make that 3 whos gonna do my fuel pump set up eh?

You know I am more than happy to set up your fueling/pump etc, but you need to buy a regulator, pound very strong against dollar, so get a SARD one they are very cheap at mo from Asian/US sellers on eBay, like £50 cheap UK resellers are still selling them at £120. Oh and they look so good compared to the FSE ones, which work as well, but are not as sexy under the bonnet :D

Aaron.

Back