Technical Cinq 1.2 MPI conversion, yet another question

Currently reading:
Technical Cinq 1.2 MPI conversion, yet another question

Whell it's alive:slayer:

Congrats dude! I know the feeling when it starts up after all the work ;)

Engine is nice and stable but sometimes goes down in rpm.

Well, get everything sorted out slowly, exhaust etc. Then let the ECU autoadjust for a while, there will be a huge difference.

This I understand is working on the ECOL ECU? I would still strongly suggest getting the other, newer ECU to work with the engine, from what I know it has a better and much more tolerant handling of broken sensors, etc. Also get yourself a diagnostics cable (15 Euro or so at pagershop.nl) and software, check out the ECU reader thread and ycming's (I think) guide.

Yes it's running on the ECOL ECU.
Other one just does'nt spark but I will keep searching for a decoded one.
What cable do I need, I looked at the website but could'nt find what you posted.

I've got another problem now and that's fitting the airfilter.
The original box is to high so I though let take and 900 cap so I can place the filter somewhere else with some pipes.
But it's to smal, it doesn;t fall over the edges of the gasvalve.

What doe other place with this conversion?

Also I think the inlet of the 900 will restrict the intake as it's kina small.

Yes it's running on the ECOL ECU.
Other one just does'nt spark but I will keep searching for a decoded one.
What cable do I need, I looked at the website but could'nt find what you posted.

http://www.pagershop.nl/product_info.php?products_id=535

and here somewhere you will find how to molest this cable to make it work with our ECUs:

https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento/32328-6f-16f-cinque-sei-ecu-reader-project.html

There is also a condensed guide somewhere. What you will need to find in this thread are pictures of this cable, which is blue, with wires soldered, and a reference to the startrek program.

I've got another problem now and that's fitting the airfilter.
The original box is to high so I though let take and 900 cap so I can place the filter somewhere else with some pipes.
But it's to smal, it doesn;t fall over the edges of the gasvalve.

The original does not fit as you noticed. The easiest fit is Palio cap, I have one floating around that I do not use, but I am not yet ready to give it up. But it is also tight in a Cinq, fits better in a Sei from what I know.

900 cap works too, but yes, you need to lift it up, I used a cut rubber gasket from the original 1.1SPI box.

What doe other place with this conversion?

Can't really think of anything. If the engine runs and you can close the hood you are all set. You do have a proper fuel pump for the job?

Last edited:
I have a Fuelpump from an Punto 75 as well so that must be ok.
On question you did'nt answer yet, does the 900 cap restrict the airflow to the engine or is it big enough?

It will surely restrict it, otherwise they would not be mounting a much bigger one in Palio engines. Not sure though if it is significant, from what I remember from pictures arc used to have 900 cap on his 1.2 MPI, just with a nice elbow and filter attached to it. I use 900 cap on my turbo, but I was told that Palio cap would still be better performance-wise, despite forced induction. I use it for comfort - Palio cap is big enough so that it touches the hood when it is closed and I get extra vibrations all over the chasis.

Back