Technical Cigarette power socket

Currently reading:
Technical Cigarette power socket

Not sure if this has been asked before but here gies anyway.for the first time in a year of owning my 500 I tried to use my satnav and found that the charging cable seems not to fit into the socket .is a different sized cable needed on the 500

Nope the socket is the normal size, it is just a bit shallower than some of the other sockets so some accessories will fit very loosely or not make contact as they were designed for a longer socket.

For example, all of the dual-USB/12V socket adapters from Super Cheap Auto here do not fit my 500C, they're all too long to make proper contact. I randomly bought a Dolphin Essentials dual-USB/12V adapter for $4 from my local Woolies which fits perfectly.

There really ought to be a proper industry standard for 12V lighter sockets. Grrr...

I'm looking at removing the standard one and installing a deeper (what I call standard one ) cause I want to be able to use all my 12v items.

I had this problem with my TomTom 950 GoLive unit - the included charger just didn't fit the 500's socket (a '63 reg). However, I took a chance and purchased a new charger adapter and it worked perfectly.

So try one of these: TomTom USB Car Charger: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
chears cei just ordered one of these so hopefully it will work ok i'm hoping it will work with my phone as well (y)

Charges my iPhone 5 no problem - it essentially adds a second USB port to the car :)

Back