Christmas trees

Currently reading:
Christmas trees

Your Christmas tree...

• Total voters

Garree001

Ohhh my, yes.
Nice festive poll for us all! What sort of tree do you actually have and is it what you wanted?

What about I haven't got a tree and won't get one because I can't be bothered and couldn't care less?

Artificial. Mostly because Mum doesn't like the idea of a real one (too risky and too messy apparently).

I really can't be arsed with it!! Think I'm coming down with Man Flu as well, and no doubt I'll still have to go in the loft to get the Christmas stuff down :(

Anybody want to do that for me?

Anybody at all?

an expensive artificial tree does look good, but after a few years they start to look tired. and the smell isn't there, we have one in addition to a proper 8' tree. a small one in the corner of the lounge, whereas the main one goes at the end of dining bit of the lounge. So you can see it as you come in :)

as for Needles, buy a variety which doesn't drop needles, Norwegian spruce being one i think? we used to have the type which you'd brush past and all the needles would fall off, but now we get better ones, slightly more expensive, but you save a lot of time constantly cleaning up the needles. the other thing to do is to make sure you cut an inch off the bottom of the tree when you get it and ensure it's got plenty of water, keeps the tree alive for longer so looks better and less needles to clean up (y)

Last edited:
A real tree to feel its smell. For me it's like getting the mountain in my house

I bought a real tree growing in a pot a week before Christmas 15 years ago, by Christmas eve there were more needles on the carpet than there were on the tree so I went out and bought a very realistic artificial one, real tree cost £13 & lasted 6 days:eek: artificial tree cost £25 and is still going strong!

Where is the option for both?

Artificial trees probably contribute more to killing trees than cutting down real ones - which are all from sustainable forests now!

Producing plastic is not a harmful task and nor does its decomposition (mainly because i never really decomposes)
It is said that owning a plastic tree and using it for a couple of years has less "environmental impact*" then buying a new real tree every year.
This is due to the fact that real trees require a lot of heavy machinery to produce/transport. while plastic trees a light and can be packed small. (thousands of plastic trees can be packed into one container)
Also the decomposition of the real tree realises many "harmful gasses*"

*If you REALLY believe in this environmental change bull ****!

Producing plastic is not a harmful task and nor does its decomposition (mainly because i never really decomposes)
It is said that owning a plastic tree and using it for a couple of years has less "environmental impact*" then buying a new real tree every year.
This is due to the fact that real trees require a lot of heavy machinery to produce/transport. while plastic trees a light and can be packed small. (thousands of plastic trees can be packed into one container)
Also the decomposition of the real tree realises many "harmful gasses*"

*If you REALLY believe in this environmental change bull ****!

Don't they plant 3 tree's for every 1 they cut down though, so it cancels all of that 'harmful' shiznit anyway?

We have two artificial trees. One is 26 years old and the other is having it's 2nd year. Real trees are lovely, and should stay outside, in the ground.:p

I always had a real tree before and prefer non drop ones, but I was looking after a mates kitten a couple of years ago and decided a real one would be a bit risky with the water pot/lights.

So I bought a fairly posh fake one :) And I'm determined to get my money's worth out of it (y)

But my new back garden has a few real trees, one of them I wanted to decorate....but giant snowflakes in homebase are £12 for 2!!! :eek:
So I'm gonna have to wait til next year for the outside one.

Back