General check engine light

Currently reading:
General check engine light

Mr Lovedog

Hi folks.

I cleaned up my EGR valve on my 1.9 Sporting on Friday afternoon. After refitting it everything seemed to be fine, no warning lights etc after driving it around. Performance was back to what it should be, so I was a very happy boy....until today that is.

After driving the car for the third time since cleaning the EGR the check engine light and warning message has come up on the dash. I havent got any drop in performance at all, so Im wandering what the hell is wrong.

Any thoughts????

Cheers.

Mr L.:bang:

Have a look on ebay, you'll pick up a lead and software to hook your car up and check the error code for a very reasonable price.

I paid £25 about 4 years ago, prices have dropped since then but its one of the best purchases ive ever made - Certainly paid for itself a few times over!

Cheers guys. Thats what I was thinking of doing.

Seen some cheap OBD II readers, is the Grande Punto OBDII compliant do you know?

Any suggestions for a suitable fault reader?...so many about, with and without bluetooth.

If you've got a laptop id recommend buying a package that comes with the lead and the software. Another option being just to buy the lead ELM327 and check out FiatECUScan

That will certainly do the job if all you want to do is check what the error code is.

Back