Technical Check Engine ‘drive mode unavailable’

Currently reading:
Technical Check Engine ‘drive mode unavailable’

Aimgel36

I was driving my 500x yesterday and the engine light came on followed by ‘check engine drive mode not available’. Also I noticed the petrol cap/door so I closed it then had to sit and turn the car for 20 mins and wait till it cleared then I drove home. Today it’s done the same thing except the petrol cap wasn’t open.

No other warning lights are showing? So does this mean none of the fluid levels are low? I was going to check all the liquid levels then if they are ok take it to the garage. I know my oil is ok as I checked that last week.

Good thing is if there’s an engine light then there’ll be a fault code to diagnose it. If you’ve checked the oil and there’s no coolant light then you can only presume engine fluids are OK. I’m sure the garage will be able to diagnose it 🙂

Good thing is if there’s an engine light then there’ll be a fault code to diagnose it. If you’ve checked the oil and there’s no coolant light then you can only presume engine fluids are OK. I’m sure the garage will be able to diagnose it 🙂
Thanks x

Hi, the same thing happened to me tonight. I will have to take it to the garage over the weekend but did you find out what it was? And how much it cost?

Back