Cheap European SatNav

Currently reading:
Cheap European SatNav

inicholson

Just booked my holiday in France and thought a SatNav migt be handy. Anybody suggest a cheap (secondhand is OK too) one that'll cover Europe.

Probably going to Texas next year - is it easy to upgrade to US mapping on these things? I've never used on as map reading skills are pretty good and GF is better (she's a geologist!)

Stu DemonD

Super LOL!
How cheap is cheap?

For Europe, I reckon go for the Garmin 250W - around £130 or so, with full European mapping.

Getting the US City Navigator maps shouldn't be too expensive, or even free if you know what you are doing.

I was looking at the Garmin 250W, in the end I went for the Garmin 350T for £189 from Halfords which also gives you traffic updates and text to speech for street names.

j0nny

*custom name*
find a halfords who still have some old sat nav's, ive still a few in my store. they range from 35 to 80ish, get either a garmin or tom tom, they have a latest map guarantee so when you register the device they will send you the new maps, tis wat i done. garmin 310D with v10 maps for 30 quid :D

OP
OP
I

inicholson

find a halfords who still have some old sat nav's, ive still a few in my store. they range from 35 to 80ish, get either a garmin or tom tom, they have a latest map guarantee so when you register the device they will send you the new maps, tis wat i done. garmin 310D with v10 maps for 30 quid :D

Sub £50 SatNAv - now that's what i call cheap. I'll see what I can find,

thanks