Charles Kennedy

Currently reading:
Charles Kennedy

1986Uno45S said:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

LABOUR sold us down the river? I thought it was the Tories that to quote one of the papers 'sold the family silver' at rock bottom prices in the process of privatising/ selling off everything possible. When the Tories came into power in 1979 the UK still had some large scale industries. By 1997 when they were replaced by Labour we had virtually none left...

Can you elaborate a bit more on this 'visas for sexual favours' claim? What was this all about? Has anyone actually been prosecuted for doing this? Examples please?

Can I also add to everyone that it is all well and good making sweeping statements about big political issues, BUT, PLEASE back them up with evidence and examples. Otherwise it looks like little more than 'spin' and biased propaganda.

Politics is a bad enough subject as it is, but it gets even worse when it is stuffed full of myths and hearsay (n)[

This is fact as it was reported on the news and this apparently goes right to the top and the matter is being investigated obviously this only concerns women immigrants any bumboy antics has not[as yet] been reported.

PNL said:
This is fact as it was reported on the news and this apparently goes right to the top and the matter is being investigated obviously this only concerns women immigrants any bumboy antics has not[as yet] been reported.

Right, so it has been reported in the news but as of yet no-one has been prosecuted nor have any figures been released in respect of how many visas may have been issued illegally?

It will be interesting to see the reported figures when (if?) they come to light, and just how many immigration officer(s) were involved. For all we know, just one officer might have issued one visa to an illegal immigrant for sexual favours, which is bad enough but hardly catastrophic to the UK. But from the reportage/ claims it makes it sound like we are being flooded by zillions of illegal immigrants allowed in by having sex with immigration officers.

Perhaps I'm getting cynical, but I tend to take a lot of the knee jerk and sensationalist reportings with a pinch of salt these days. And the same applies to claims by politicians, who wiggle and squirm and distort facts to suit their manifestos.

But I'm still curious to know whether anyone thinks the Tories or Liberals could do better than Labour (and why), or if there is a country that has a role model government we could aspire to. No-one has suggested one yet. Anyone? There MUST be a government/ political party out there in this world that is better than our own?

Last edited:
Back