Changing headlights to some aftermarket ones

Currently reading:
Changing headlights to some aftermarket ones

Scott the Impaler

So, i need some help in possibly changing the headlights on my GP to some aftermarket ones. we've tried twice now, and it seems you need to completely disassemble the front end of the car to get at them. we've undone the screws on the old headlights, and the four going across holding the front bumper on but there is just no space at all to squeeze them out. they're not so far away, but it seems the only way to get them out would be to remove the front bumper altogether.

has anyone else managed to do this, without having to completely remove the front end of the car? if so, would you mind letting me in on your secrets?:)

also, what about the electronics of them? is it as easy as the rear ones, which was just simply unplug the old, and plug in the new.

if it's a big job, then i'm not gonna bother and just take the expensive hit.

cheers.

Haven't got round to doing the fronts yet, easiest thing to do it to take the bumper of though I'm told. There is a guide on here to change the head lights. Some people drop the bumper down a bit to get to the bolts but I think I'm just gonna take it when I come to buying some.

Sam.

Haven't got round to doing the fronts yet, easiest thing to do it to take the bumper of though I'm told. There is a guide on here to change the head lights. Some people drop the bumper down a bit to get to the bolts but I think I'm just gonna take it when I come to buying some.

Sam.

any chance you know where that guide thread is? i did a little search, but as seems to be the norm with forums, the search engine isn't all that good.:p

cheers

Back