Changing Grades?

Currently reading:
Changing Grades?

how much do you think it would cost to transform a SX into a Sporting, only styling wise, and it doesnt have to be exact.

what differencess are there outside and in?

ta
serin

I wouldnt bother, the sporting is much more common on the modifying scene, just mod your SX to your own taste. From what I remember, external differences are, wheels are alloy, no side rubbing strips, a moulding on bumpers and inside, seats different, dash has rev counter and different colours to SX, doortrims. So its not a lot from a visual thing, but get yourself an anti rollbar from a sporting as the 900s didnt have them. Have fun!

Later, in 1994, came the 'Sporting' with the 1108cc (54bhp) sohc FIRE unit and suspension modifications (lowered by 20mm plus anti-roll bar and stiffer dampers). Externally, colour coded bumpers and rear view mirrors distinguished it from its slower bretheren, whilst inside there appeared a rev-counter, drilled accelerator pedal, leather steering-wheel and new 'sporting' seats.

In 1995 the second series was launched. External changes were minor, mainly revised trim, options and colour coded plastic on some models. Production finished in 1998, when the new Seicento was introduced

http://www.carsfromitaly.com/fiat/index.html

the sporting interior has a centre console type thing as well that goes from the dash to the gearstick

Last edited:
its just ive alway wanted a Sporting, BUT i have no money to buy, or insure one, but i have been given an SX that i can do up. yhats why i was only thinking of outside mods, 'cause of the insurance.

I've been told that if it looks like another or higher spec car then the insurance will reflect this so best sort out that 1st before buying stuff.

Wheels change looks completely and the ARB that Nuov speaks of is a great cheap addition.

Liam

Back