Ducato change sides

Currently reading:
Ducato change sides

ian430barlow

hello new to ff just one question?
is it possible to change a 2006 ducato from left to righthand drive :)

Possible yes
Practical no
I'd imagine there be. Vast cost new pedal boxes dashboard likely wiring looms would need changing too

Then there would be the problem of getting it inspected as I doubt it would just be a simple change of paperwork

If you had a lot of time on your hands and you placed little value on your time and you had a donor vehicle to take all the parts off probably. Otherwise probably cheaper to sell it and buy an rhd.

hi the reason I want to change sides is its 2006 motorhome and we are moveing to spain you cant reregister a right hand drive in spain and if we sold it for cash we would lose thousands also looks like the dash may be in three pieces so may not have to buy new dash

hi the reason I want to change sides is its 2006 motorhome and we are moveing to spain you cant reregister a right hand drive in spain and if we sold it for cash we would lose thousands also looks like the dash may be in three pieces so may not have to buy new dash

Is is 244 or 250 model. Dash is different afaik. Even apart from dash - you're probably going to need to change tons of stuff under the bonnet air cleaner, intake hoses, brake servo, all brake lines, steering rack and hydraulics, bodge up or completely replace the loom. Then stuff you probably haven't even thought about seats and bases, airbags, airbag looms, handbrake, mats, gear selector, selector cables, instruments, all grommets, brackets, clips, door mirrors, drivers door and looms had mirror and passenger window controls.

If you had a donor vehicle you could potter along at it but otherwise it wold take weeks just to draw up a parts list and the wiring alone could take weeks.

The question has been asked on various Motorhome forums over the years.
The replies on this thread sum up the answers very well(y):)

In theory, if you can get the original Certificate of Conformity, there should be no trouble registering in another EU country (better be quick though).

That said, it would be less hassle selling it and buying one locally.

Your suggestion for converting it is a total non-starter.

Check out the Angloinfo.com site for the region you're going to. There's usually someone who's had the same experience.

Last edited:
Back