Technical Central locking

Currently reading:
Technical Central locking

krystnors

Brava SX 75TD 00X

Bought car with no stereo. Removed battery to wire Fiat stereo in. Stereo doesn't work. Checked all fuses visually - all okay. Decided to lock car and have 5 thinking it out. Central locking not working. Had been no problem until this. Cl is not remote.

Have rechecked all fuses with light tester and all are good. In the left auxiliary fuse box the second bottom fuse is good but shows no light on the tester even after changing a couple of times. Surely stereo and cl are not wired to the same fuse?

Does anyone know what this fuse is for? The wires in the back of the fuse
seem to be fitted in okay. Could it be a relay - and if so which one?

The central locking and stereo are wired into the same fuse, you will find the fuse for it in the fuse box to the right hand side of the steering wheel, you need a screw driver to get into it.

"The central locking and stereo are wired into the same fuse"

I thought this may be so but wanted confirmation.

"...you will find the fuse for it in the fuse box to the right hand side of the steering wheel, you need a screw driver to get into it"

I take it you mean in one of the two auxilary boxes behind the flap to the right of the steering wheel? Now, as all the fuses are okay but the second bottom fuse on the left does not register any power and the wiring seems okay, is this the fuse I should be looking at?

I cant remember which fuse it is. If you still have the owners manual you will find a diagram of the which fuse does what for each fuse box, I would do it for you but i cant seem to find my manual.

If you find that all the fuses are ok, check the other fusesboxes, there is one behind the glove box (pain in the arse to get to) you need to take all the screws out and the glove box will pull out. And there is one under the bonnet.

Last edited:
No, sorry, I don't have the owners manual. I can't even find anyone who has a Haynes.

All the fuses are okay in the two auxilary and the bottom fuse box. I thought the fusebox behind the glove box was for the ECU (!?). (And yes, It is a pain in the arse to get to).

But I didn't know there's one under the bonnet. Shall have to have another look.

Back