Central Locking Problems

Currently reading:
Central Locking Problems

desmondlmk

Hi there. I am driving a Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo Plus. Mine comes standard with central locking but not an alarm system. It seems that everytime i lock the car, the piston or the motor will unlock itself automatically. The unfortunate part is it happens only sometimes and its not easy to troubleshoot.

Got some guys to look at it and they suspect a weak or damaged motor on the driver/s door. Meaning the problem will not exist if i lock the door from the pasenger side. It is not easy to get a spare motor in my country and to make it worse, my guys can't even be sure if its due to the motor or the wiring itself.

Coupe's central locking can be activated from both doors. Anyone care to comment? Thanks a lot.....

this problem is usually caused by something obstructing the movement of the door pins(buttons or latches,whichever you have). maybe the bar is bent and catching on something.,., these motors are designed to return to there original position if they cant move forward, this stops the motor from burning out.,.,
take off the door card and have a look for any obvious signs of obstruction or damage.,.,.,

Wil get it check. No one else has experience situations like this? Or am i just too negative about the it being a serious problem rather that a simple situation as commented.

i had this on a nissan 100NX which turned out to be the sensor i just disconected the batt pressed the break pedal to discharge the system reconected and was fine aslo check your key fob the button could be sticking common fault on all key fobs in saying this yes check the doors use some WD40 to lube and clean. all else fails lock the door th old fasioned way by key

Back