Technical Central Locking Issue

Currently reading:
Technical Central Locking Issue

Hey all,

Hoping for some experience or wisdom on my central locking.

So it started as an intermittent issue but now seems to be a permanent problem.

Basically I can't lock the van (2017 doblo maxi panel van) if I push down the door handle it locks the driver's door but does nothing to any other door. If I lock the car with the blipper it alarms but doesn't lock the doors. However if I am sat in the van push the handle down to lock it then lift it to unlock it I hear all the other locks click as if they are unlocking. So the wiring is attached. Also when driving the car doesn't auto lock anymore.

I'm unsure which part actually sends the lock all doors signal so struggling to know where to start.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Avoiding an expensive auto electrician bill would be great!

Thanks in advance
Cam

Hey all,

Hoping for some experience or wisdom on my central locking.

So it started as an intermittent issue but now seems to be a permanent problem.

Basically I can't lock the van (2017 doblo maxi panel van) if I push down the door handle it locks the driver's door but does nothing to any other door. If I lock the car with the blipper it alarms but doesn't lock the doors. However if I am sat in the van push the handle down to lock it then lift it to unlock it I hear all the other locks click as if they are unlocking. So the wiring is attached. Also when driving the car doesn't auto lock anymore.

I'm unsure which part actually sends the lock all doors signal so struggling to know where to start.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Avoiding an expensive auto electrician bill would be great!

Thanks in advance
Cam
I have a 2010 Doblo Maxi Van, no blipper but when I lock the drivers door with key it locks all doors. If I unlock drivers door with key it unlocks both front doors but keeps re compartment secure until I press button on inside of drivers door.
Are any of the doors damaged around locks or alignment.
If high mileage the wiring at the door hinge can be an issue. It can also get water corrosion at the plug.

I have a 2010 Doblo Maxi Van, no blipper but when I lock the drivers door with key it locks all doors. If I unlock drivers door with key it unlocks both front doors but keeps re compartment secure until I press button on inside of drivers door.
Are any of the doors damaged around locks or alignment.
If high mileage the wiring at the door hinge can be an issue. It can also get water corrosion at the plug.
If I lock the door with the key it still doesn't lock the other doors.

I've realised it's actually impossible to lock the van. You can't physically lock the back doors without the central locking working.

There's no rust or signs of corrosion that I can see. It's 2017 and in good nick. Just really frustrating.

If I lock the door with the key it still doesn't lock the other doors.

I've realised it's actually impossible to lock the van. You can't physically lock the back doors without the central locking working.

There's no rust or signs of corrosion that I can see. It's 2017 and in good nick. Just really frustrating.
I know this may sound odd, but as a test, I would open every door all round then go to the door catches and using a screwdriver close each catch manually all the way as though all the doors catches were shut properly, then using the key in the drivers door "lock the car, then go round and see if each door lock from the outside is locked or unlocked.
What this will do is show if one of the doors is not shutting the lock correctly causing the problem.
IMPORTANT before trying to close any of the doors release the door catches back to their normal open position, so that on closing the doors you do not damage the locks.
If it makes no difference then you can look at electrical issues, it can still be the drivers door lock, but next I would look at the electrical plug at the drivers door hinge, if you look there is a chunky piece where the wires from the door go into the car body, there is a different coloured large plastic horse shoe shaped clip that carefully needs to be released so you do not break it. Once released the large multipin plug will come off and if you check the contacts, on some they can become corroded if water has got in and clean with good electrical switch contact cleaner, not WD40 as unsuitable for this job.
What happens when you manually lock car from passenger side?

I know this may sound odd, but as a test, I would open every door all round then go to the door catches and using a screwdriver close each catch manually all the way as though all the doors catches were shut properly, then using the key in the drivers door "lock the car, then go round and see if each door lock from the outside is locked or unlocked.
What this will do is show if one of the doors is not shutting the lock correctly causing the problem.
IMPORTANT before trying to close any of the doors release the door catches back to their normal open position, so that on closing the doors you do not damage the locks.
If it makes no difference then you can look at electrical issues, it can still be the drivers door lock, but next I would look at the electrical plug at the drivers door hinge, if you look there is a chunky piece where the wires from the door go into the car body, there is a different coloured large plastic horse shoe shaped clip that carefully needs to be released so you do not break it. Once released the large multipin plug will come off and if you check the contacts, on some they can become corroded if water has got in and clean with good electrical switch contact cleaner, not WD40 as unsuitable for this job.
What happens when you manually lock car from passenger side?
Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a go as could just be it thinks a door is open.

There isn't a key hole externally outside on passenger door but if I lock the passenger door internally it doesn't and I don't think ever had activated the central locking.

I did actually disconnect and reconnect the door multiple connector but I didn't clean it just made sure it was firmly in place.

Do you know is it the locking mechanism in the door that sends the signal to the other doors? I still find it odd that the unlock triggers all doors to unlock but the lock doesn't.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a go as could just be it thinks a door is open.

There isn't a key hole externally outside on passenger door but if I lock the passenger door internally it doesn't and I don't think ever had activated the central locking.

I did actually disconnect and reconnect the door multiple connector but I didn't clean it just made sure it was firmly in place.

Do you know is it the locking mechanism in the door that sends the signal to the other doors? I still find it odd that the unlock triggers all doors to unlock but the lock doesn't.
That was my thought "if it thinks one door is open"
My van is a bit older so still has the other key holes.
It may be an idea to have the windows down when doing any tests in case you get locked out;).
The multi pin connector on my drivers door had a broken clip and water had got in , I was getting strange window operation for the passenger side.
I expect the drivers door lock to signal the others. I had a C3 Citroen drivers door lock that even with key in ignition would self lock the rest of the car, apparently a common fault, I fitted a s/h drivers door lock and solved that issue.
I agree odd about it unlocking all doors, if I operate key in drivers door it locks all doors and only unlocks the front two.

Back