Technical Central Locking + alarm...

Currently reading:
Technical Central Locking + alarm...

Right done a search and looked at a few threads but can't find anything...

So basically i'm fiiting a Clifford Concept100 to my Cinq but can't get the remote central locking to work....

Does it need to be put in BEFORE the central locking relay as I was trying to do it just by using the central locking wires in the passenger door and this didn't seem to work...

There is definately a current being sent by the alarm btw i tested this....

Any help much appreciated

Cheers
Jamie

jamie86 said:
....i'm fiiting a Clifford Concept100 to my Cinq............

Jamie

Sorry I cannot help directly with your current problem, but have you tried their website as I think you used to be able to download wiring and owners manuals......... I remember doing this during my 'concept' troubles....

'Clifford Concept 100' - Probably the worst alarm I have ever had the mispleasure to own (on an ALFA 155). It had been professionally installed, but was plauged with false readings, failure to reset from valet mode, failure to switch off, failure to switch on, failure to work the boot release, you name it... :bang: :bang:

You pays-ya-money, you takes-ya choice , but whatever you do, promise me that once it is out of warranty, you will NEVER let the battery go flat before you can put it into valet mode ...... as if you get the failure to reset from such a state you'll find Clifford UK are about as much use as having Douglas Bader on the last leg of a 4x100meter relay. :eek: All it takes is a dodgy car battery :eek: and two weeks away on holiday!

Immobile car - great does it job :) : Reset code (the same factory/installer code that worked before the battery went flat) - er, not working :( .

Clifford UK (n) were the most unhelpful operation I have ever had to deal in my motoring life. They basically admitted they didn't give a toss and then said that I would need to get it removed from the car and then send it to them with the sum of £200 for them to look at it and where possible reset it - but this could not be guaranteed (would still cost £200 -plus whatever it cost to strip it out of the car - regardless as to whether they could fix it or not). If they could fix it, I would then have to pay to have it refitted.

They couldn't even be ar$ed to give me the name/number/location of their local installers -telling me to look it up in the yellow pages or the internet as they were "a bit busy at the moment" :mad: .

Ended up getting the Clifford stripped from car and replaced with different brand (one I'd used on previous cars, much more efficient and servicable whilst still being equally secure).

Sorry for the rant, nothing at all personal against your choice, but at the time I vowed to make it my aim in life to advise anyone considering buying one of Cliffords products to think very carefully again and go for a different alarm manuafacturer/brand instead....... and this thread reminded me of that vow.

Good luck mate.

Back