Technical Celtic tuning remap? 190bhp and 303lb/ft??

Currently reading:
Technical Celtic tuning remap? 190bhp and 303lb/ft??

brabus13

Hi, i am new the the fiat forum. I have an '06' GPS 1.9 multijet and am looking to get a re-map... I have done a fair bit of research into GPS remaps and was wondering if anyone has had the Celtic Tuning map?

If anyone has had the map could you tell me what it is like?? Or does anyone know why nobody on this forum seems to have had it done? I have looked at Angel tuning, GSR and Red-dot - although the websites for the later 2 are not very informative. All of their figures are around the same values where-as the CT ones are much higher? Can anyone explain this?? all the values are taken from the flywheel so how so much more?

Any info will help!!!

Thanks

best ones are always done at a rolling road so you will see what gains you have at the end of the day, if your not happy with it you can get reset to standard there an then, no having to try an get money back after if you find out you have been conned another day

Last edited:
Yeah...funny how no-one on here has had the CT remap...

Reading about blown turbo's on other sites put me off a bit!! Probably a load of Jackson's that though.... ;)

i've not heard that about CT
but have about other come to your home mappers, when checked it was found that they dont alter the smoke limiter iirc so it kills turbos on diesels

GSR/RD Dot do their maps on the rolling road. Getting 190bhp out of it with the relevant torque is possible but leading to a slow death if induction isn't sorted.

Giving definitive power figures is not always possible as they vary slightly. A lot of the figures qouted by many companies never have proven right. This is why we solely use the rolling road to determine the individual increases. If it would be possible to get that much of an improvement without the need of monitoring we could save a lot of investment.

GSR/RD Dot do their maps on the rolling road. Getting 190bhp out of it with the relevant torque is possible but leading to a slow death if induction isn't sorted.

Sorry if I sound stupid but why would a 190bhp map lead to a slow death if the induction isn't sorted? Is it because the diesel won't be fully combusted so will leave deposits on the turbo etc? :confused:

Sorry if I sound stupid but why would a 190bhp map lead to a slow death if the induction isn't sorted? Is it because the diesel won't be fully combusted so will leave deposits on the turbo etc? :confused:

The standard induction restricts airflow. Despite the fact that the turbo pulls air in it will not pull as much air as with a more open induction.

Due to the restricted airflow the Diesel can't be burned fully, which results in excessive smoke. The deposits will do longterm damage to the bearings.

Yeah...funny how no-one on here has had the CT remap...

Reading about blown turbo's on other sites put me off a bit!! Probably a load of Jackson's that though.... ;)

I have had a CT remap on my old fabia vrs. They did a good job but the figures quoted are not accurate. The best remap i have ever had was a superchip one on another one of my old fabis vrs which was even better than the CT imo...I currently have an Angel Tunning map on and its ok, i was expecting alot more in all truth but maybe as im used to fast diesels it didnt seem a massive jump in performance...I beleive the blown turbos you refer to were on cars that regulary did track days !

Back