"Celebrity" spots

Currently reading:
"Celebrity" spots

I've lived in London for about 3 years now and I can count on one hand the number of celebrities I've seen down here even though all my mates reckon they see about 10 every day just wandering about. Anyway just now in Tescos I saw a "celebrity" - it was the 50-something lady off Big Brother last summer. Carol?? The one who was a proper hippy treehugger. Anyway worst thing is that's the second time I've seen her. First time, I was looking at a bus timetable in Leytonstone looking a bit lost, she just came up to me and asked which bus I was looking for. Friendly enough, obviously, but a bit shocking for me having seen her fart about on the telly for most of the summer then suddenly she's just there talking to me :eek:

Anyone else see any celebrities regularly? Any of them as underwhelming as my celeb-spot?

I've lived in London for about 3 years now and I can count on one hand the number of celebrities I've seen down here even though all my mates reckon they see about 10 every day just wandering about. Anyway just now in Tescos I saw a "celebrity" - it was the 50-something lady off Big Brother last summer. Carol?? The one who was a proper hippy treehugger. Anyway worst thing is that's the second time I've seen her. First time, I was looking at a bus timetable in Leytonstone looking a bit lost, she just came up to me and asked which bus I was looking for. Friendly enough, obviously, but a bit shocking for me having seen her fart about on the telly for most of the summer then suddenly she's just there talking to me :eek:

Anyone else see any celebrities regularly? Any of them as underwhelming as my celeb-spot?

I used to see a lot down in london - the best was Jay Kay :D Really nice guy ;)

Very few up here - footballers mainly.

I used to see a lot down in london - the best was Jay Kay :D Really nice guy ;)

Very few up here - footballers mainly.

JK nice?...... hahaha I can remember when that reporter knocked him the f*** out when JK was giving him lip, then started reciting 'Space Cowboy' :devil:.

Saw Jeremy Clarkson once at Xscape, bit of a lanky bugger. Would have asked for an autograph but didn't want to massage his ego :rolleyes:. And he saw me get out my Fiat Punto, everyone know what a di** he is when it comes to fiats.

up here ive met chris fountain (justin from hollyoaks) who actually used to live just a couple of streets away from me till he got famous, and the guy who plays kane in emmerdale.

both of which came into the pet store i work at :)

EDIT: oh and david jason when he did some filming in our dept (aquatics) of a garden center i used to work at.

EDIT EDIT: and some itv film crew filmed just outside our work for a new drama thats supposed to be out soon. no famous ppl there tho. I had to setup the front of the shop to make it look more 'old fashioned' and got paid! only £30 mind, but not bad for an hrs work.

Last edited:
Footballers, that reminds me, Teddy Sheringham lives around the corner and he's always bombing about round here in his Bentley convertible. So that's another one.

About Jay Kay - I think this is that video Chris is referring to - have a look at it and tell me he doesn't deserve what he gets!!

just realised i've met/seen loadssssss... used to work in a book shop... used to have loads in for book signings:rolleyes:

even had lunch with my hero - michael palin! :slayer:

i saw that guy that was nick in my family, the dude in murder city, and now on the BT adverts on some services or another on the M1 at like midnight.

and the welsh guy out of coupling, with the curley hair.. i stood next to him on platform 1 of derby train station about 3 years ago lol

ive met loads of bands n that, but they only ones of random walking in the street sightings

Back